Advice on starting exercise

Old July 27th 15, 09:05 AM
DrGonzo1208 DrGonzo1208 is offline
Junior Member

Default Advice on starting exercise

Hi,

Im trying to find a form of exercise that will work for me and wondered if I can get some general advice and suggestions?

Im significantly overweight and very unfit in fact I have always avoided sport in pretty much every form but I know I need to do something to lose weight as Im now over 21 stone. I usually eat fairly healthily (lots of vegetables, lean meat, whole grains and un-processed/high quality food) and its easy enough for me to control my diet, but this really only maintains my weight. As soon as I do let my diet slip, I put weight on and then never lose it. I work from home as a web developer, so am completely sedentary, and I know that just a small amount of exercise will make a big difference, but Im struggling to find anything that I stick to.

To add some more stumbling blocks, weve just had our first child, so it feels like all of my time is taken up just looking after him, let alone sleeping, eating and running a business! On top of this I feel really self-conscious about exercising in public/joining a class/gym etc

I know there are no easy fixes, but I thought Id ask for any suggestions of something I can do that will get the weight off, get me fit and be sustainable.
All ideas/thoughts are welcome!

Thanks,

Owen.
Old April 14th 17, 06:14 AM
Reno Reno is offline
Junior Member

I hear the beachbody programs are pretty good.