How much do you get out of your Centurion?

Old February 7th 05, 08:56 PM
Mark

Default How much do you get out of your Centurion?

Got one on order, and am curious...oh, and for squatting, not DLing.
Old February 7th 05, 11:21 PM
Selene

"Mark" wrote
Got one on order, and am curious...oh, and for squatting, not DLing.

Errr...pardon my ignernce, but what's a "Centurion"?

Selene

Thinking it's not this: http://www.centurion.de or
http://www.centurionboats.com/ or http://www.centurion-engines.com/ or
http://legion.virginia.edu/centurion/Centurion.html if it's for squatting
(not DLing).

Old February 7th 05, 11:43 PM
Hobbes

In article , "Selene"
wrote:

"Mark" wrote
Got one on order, and am curious...oh, and for squatting, not DLing.

Errr...pardon my ignernce, but what's a "Centurion"?

Titan powerlifting suit. Supportive gear.
Old February 8th 05, 04:25 AM
Will

In article ,
Mark wrote:

Got one on order, and am curious...oh, and for squatting, not DLing.

I'd say about 80 lbs for me, and mine could be tighter.
Old February 8th 05, 08:48 PM
Mark

Will wrote:
In article ,
Mark wrote:

Got one on order, and am curious...oh, and for squatting, not DLing.

I'd say about 80 lbs for me, and mine could be tighter.

Cool---ordered a custom competition---can only imagine the fit compared
to the Z-suit!! Friends here have spent hours getting new ones on for
the 1st time.
Old February 9th 05, 02:53 AM
DanL

"Mark" wrote in message

Cool---ordered a custom competition---can only imagine the fit compared to
the Z-suit!! Friends here have spent hours getting new ones on for the 1st
time.

My 1st Centurion is really loose now, I can put it on in about a minute. It
was a custom dual quad that's just stretched out over a year of weekly and
sometimes twice a week use for squats and deads. I had the straps tightened
up at a shoe repair place and they are loose again. I suppose it gave me
about 50lbs for deadlifts when it was newer but I have to consider that I
used an okie bar on that lift too. For squats I figure about 60lbs and thats
with it loose. I just got a new one, it took me about 20 minutes to get the
legs up. I haven't tried it squatting yet but I'm looking forward to it. My
next meet is a push pull and I'd rather train my squat in the loose suit for
now to get as much carryover to my dead as I can so it will be a while
before I use it. I might put it on near the end of the cycle just to give it
a ride. I will pull in the new suit with the straps down probably next week
when I go over 500 for 2 or 3 reps for the 1st time this cycle. I'll put
the straps up about 3 workouts out from the end of the cycle. It's a good
suit, I really like mine, thats why I got a tighter one. I will most likely
send my dual quad back to Titan and have them take it in for me now that I
have a 2nd suit and don't have to rely on only 1 suit for training. I have
heard that once they stretch and you take them in, they don't stretch any
more. Hopefully that is true.

Old February 9th 05, 03:43 AM
Will

In article ,
"DanL" wrote:

"Mark" wrote in message

[...]

Yeah, my training partners have had similar experiences - the suit
streteches at first, but if you then get it taken in, it won't stretch
again. I haven't had mine altered yet but it does seem to have at least
stopped stretching any more.