Edale Campsite

Old October 17th 04, 07:41 PM
Andy Howell

Default Edale Campsite

Can anybody recommend a campsite that is still open at this time in the year
(or in a couple of weeks)?

--
Andy Howell
Birmingham, UK

Old October 17th 04, 08:36 PM
S Gibber

try a search here, most have reviews by campers too
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/

news:BD986D78.38EE3%[email protected] rgDOTuk...

Old October 17th 04, 09:18 PM
Jim Ford

* The air of uk.rec.walking was filled with the delicate perfume
* of violets, as Andy Howell [email protected] descended
* on a shaft of golden sunlight, and announced:

Can anybody recommend a campsite that is still open at this time in the year
(or in a couple of weeks)?

When I'm in Edale I usually camp at the farm at Upper Booth - the one at the
end of the track. The toilet facilities were a bit basic, but it's a scenic
site, well placed for Crowden Clough. Mr and Mrs Hodgson used to run the
farm and site, but I believe they've retired and moved by now. The 'phone
was 0433 670250 and maybe it'll still reach the farm. On the farm site is
also a camping barn, which I understand is run by the outdoor centre at
Hope.

If you check out the above site, I'd be interested if it's still open.

Regards: Jim Ford
Old October 18th 04, 12:12 AM
Jim Ford

* The air of uk.rec.walking was filled with the delicate perfume
* of violets, as Andy Howell [email protected] descended
* on a shaft of golden sunlight, and announced:

It looks as if it is still there (if it is Nether Booth we are talking
about) although it might not be open when I'm there - the very last weekend
in October.

The camp site I used (could have sworn it was Upper Booth) was open all year
round IIRC.

Regards: Jim Ford
Old October 18th 04, 01:47 AM
Fran

[email protected] said...
Coopers Camp site is open but this is the one with the mad and eccentric
(allegedly) owner! I guess this is probably where I will be.

What's wrong with mad and eccentric? :-)
--
I try to be a good example to my children, but they just see me
as a dire warning.
Old October 18th 04, 10:44 AM
Dominic Sexton

In article BD993992.38F92%[email protected] Tuk, Andy
Howell writes
On 18/10/04 12:47 am, in article
, "Fran"
wrote:

What's wrong with mad and eccentric? :-)

Depends on the form it takes I guess. This UK Camping website has comments
which are split down the middle; some people loving the place and others
hating it!

I have stayed there (Cooper's Farm) about ten times in the last 8 years
and have never had any trouble. I expect that it depends upon the chap's
mood and the activities of the campers.

On UK camping there were people saying gazebos were not allowed yet
there were several in use the last time I stayed there (this summer)
without any complaints.

I expect that if you treat him and the other campers with respect you
will not have any trouble...

--

Dominic Sexton
http://www.dscs.demon.co.uk/
Old October 18th 04, 11:38 AM
Andy Howell

On 18/10/04 9:44 am, in article , "Dominic
Sexton" wrote:

On UK camping there were people saying gazebos were not allowed yet
there were several in use the last time I stayed there (this summer)
without any complaints.

Gazebos?

--
Andy Howell
Birmingham, UK

Old October 18th 04, 12:43 PM
Dominic Sexton

In article BD994DA5.38FD1%[email protected] Tuk, Andy
Howell writes
Sexton" wrote:

On UK camping there were people saying gazebos were not allowed yet
there were several in use the last time I stayed there (this summer)
without any complaints.

Gazebos?

Like a tent with no sides. Used outside the tent to give a sheltered
area to relax, drink, eat and be merry. Some come with mozzie netting
sides.

--

Dominic Sexton
http://www.dscs.demon.co.uk/