Edale routes?

Old August 1st 06, 11:23 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Dan

Default Edale routes?

I will be camping at Edale in a couple of weeks, so does anyone have any
suggestions for walking routes around the area? Last time I visited all I
had time for was a quick half day trip up the Pennine Way to Kinder Downfall
and back again in the rain, so maybe something different this time? a route
with a view? or to an archeological site?
plus, any decent pubs nearby (will have a car with us)? (Nags Head was
rubbish!)
Any suggestions would be great!

Many thanks,

Dan

Old August 1st 06, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
John Richardson

Dan wrote:
I will be camping at Edale in a couple of weeks, so does anyone have any
suggestions for walking routes around the area? Last time I visited all I
had time for was a quick half day trip up the Pennine Way to Kinder Downfall
and back again in the rain, so maybe something different this time? a route
with a view? or to an archeological site?
plus, any decent pubs nearby (will have a car with us)? (Nags Head was
rubbish!)
Any suggestions would be great!

Many thanks,

Dan

You could set out a route that covers some of the plane wreckage as
discussed in recent posts (may take some investigation) or take in a
round the plateau tour that offers great views. Living nearby I'm
thinking of doing a similar thing (wreckage) pretty soon but haven't
planned it out yet.

--
John Richardson
http://www.WalkersTalk.com
Old August 2nd 06, 12:36 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Chris Lawrence

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006, Dan wrote:

I will be camping at Edale in a couple of weeks, so does anyone have any
suggestions for walking routes around the area? Last time I visited all I
had time for was a quick half day trip up the Pennine Way to Kinder Downfall
and back again in the rain, so maybe something different this time? a route
with a view? or to an archeological site?
plus, any decent pubs nearby (will have a car with us)? (Nags Head was
rubbish!)

I've always fancied having a mooch around Jacob's Ladder which isn't far
to the east. Not made it there so far so no idea what it's like.
Quite like the William Clough/Reservoir/Downfall/Edale route but it's a
bit rocky and uninspiring after a few goes.

--
Chris
Old August 2nd 06, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Gaz

How about this 3 Tors

http://www.woblinwalkers.co.uk/walks/route.htm

Cheers

Gaz

Old August 2nd 06, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Roger

The message et
from Chris Lawrence contains these words:

I will be camping at Edale in a couple of weeks, so does anyone have any
suggestions for walking routes around the area? Last time I visited all I
had time for was a quick half day trip up the Pennine Way to Kinder
Downfall
and back again in the rain, so maybe something different this time?
a route
with a view? or to an archeological site?
plus, any decent pubs nearby (will have a car with us)? (Nags Head was
rubbish!)

I've always fancied having a mooch around Jacob's Ladder which isn't far
to the east.

Isn't Jacobs ladder now on the official route of the Pennine Way (and
thus would have been visited by the op) rather than just the longer but
easier alternative it was when the Way was first established?

--
Roger Chapman
Old August 2nd 06, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Chris Gilbert

Dan wrote:

I will be camping at Edale in a couple of weeks, so does
anyone have any suggestions for walking routes around
the area?

Will you have a car or are you going by train ? Obvioulsy using
Edale every day as the start of your walks will quickly limit what
you can do. Obvious tracks are the Kinder Round and Edale
skyline, which will quickly exhaust the best features of the
immediately accessible area but if you're going by car then the
Peak District is your oyster, really. You can also do circulars
from the stops along the line with Hathersage and Grindleford
offering great opportunities.

Chris

Old August 2nd 06, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Becks

"Gaz" wrote in message
oups.com...
How about this 3 Tors

http://www.woblinwalkers.co.uk/walks/route.htm

That's a lovely walk.

When I do it though, I go from Hollins Cross north across the road, over the
railway line and up to Ringing Roger. Then walk west along the edge back to
the top of Grindsbrook Clough and on to Kinder Downfall. Then back down
Jacobs Ladder and back to the car. I park in the layby at SK107847

A fine day out.

:-)