question about dehydration and cold weather

Old March 14th 04, 06:45 PM
Sherwood Alabaster

Default question about dehydration and cold weather

Quick question he Lately, I am in the position where I have to be out in
the cold at night. I dress warmly, but after 2-3 hours I do start getting a
little cold and come back into a warm area. Temperatures outdoors generally
range from 25-35 degrees F. After I then go to bed and awaken in the
morning, I find my urine bright yellow and I sometimes have a headache. I
get the same symptoms from exercising, which of course is dehydration and I
drink water to compensate, but is there something about being out in the
cold causing dehydration also?

Thanks,
Sherwood

Old March 14th 04, 06:56 PM
Sherwood Alabaster

Default question about dehydration and cold weather- I think I just answered my own question!

Quoting from another post:

" When you breath your body
heats the air, then adds water vapor to it to bring the relative
humidity in your lungs up to essentially 100%. When you exhale that
humidified air takes the water with it and the body must repeat the
process with each breath. That pulls a lot of water out of your
body."

Gee willikers! No wonder I'm getting bad headaches in the morning. I never
thought of drinking water after being outside all those hours. Well,
something new learned every day!

Sherwood

ink.net...