Which Treadmill to buy

Old July 23rd 03, 11:39 AM
Dr_Dickie

Default Which Treadmill to buy

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 20:52:06 -0700, "Doggie" wrote:

I've owned a NordicTrak and a treadmill. Nothing compares to the Gazelle
Elite. I love it, and, more importantly, I use it.

Just do NOT get a Nordic Trac treadmill, at least if you want to run
on it (IMHO). I got one, a when I ran on it, the deck broke. Since
then I have discovered that this is a common problem with the Nordic
Trac treadmill. If you want to get a treadmill to run on, expect to
spend $1500 or more.
Dr. Dickie
Skepticult member in good standing #394-00596-438
Poking kooks with a pointy stick
====================================
"Let be be finale of seem.
The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream"
Wallace Stevens-1923
=====================================
Old July 23rd 03, 12:32 PM
Real Deal

The Gazelle? LOLOLOL What a piece of ****, it comes nowhere NEAR a
NodicTrack CXT elptical trainer for a good workout, and for
simulating real running. You don't even bend your knees on that piece
of crap. Get real!

Old July 23rd 03, 12:34 PM
Real Deal

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 06:39:26 -0400, Dr_Dickie
wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 20:52:06 -0700, "Doggie" wrote:

I've owned a NordicTrak and a treadmill. Nothing compares to the Gazelle
Elite. I love it, and, more importantly, I use it.

Just do NOT get a Nordic Trac treadmill, at least if you want to run
on it (IMHO). I got one, a when I ran on it, the deck broke.

I haven't heard much good about their treadmills either, so stick with
the eliptical trainer that does a much better job than a treadmill
anyway.
Old July 23rd 03, 01:41 PM
Nada

Hi, I'm new to the group. Hope you don't mind me popping in. My spine is
in serious trouble, but I am still able to walk (degenerative arthritis with
disc herniations). Two years ago my husband and I bought a TRUE HRC
treadmill. It was expensive ($2,500) but well worth every dime. I use it
for walking and he uses it to jog. It has all kinds of different programmed
settings for different wants/needs. You can change the incline as well and
it has one of those heart monitor belts. It's really quiet and easy to move
(if you have to move it). We used to have a regular Nordic Track but it was
too hard on my low back once the disability set in. We both think this was
a great investment. It gives you a read out after you're done telling you
how many calories you've burned, distance...and all kinds of stuff.

Hope this helps.

Nada

Old July 24th 03, 12:25 AM
Starwars Man

Pig boy.

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 08:50:21 -0400, Screachy Preachy
wrote:

Doggie wrote:

I've owned a NordicTrak and a treadmill. Nothing compares to the Gazelle
Elite.

That is likely a true statement. Few things are as useless as
the Gazelle, except for perhaps the bevy of ab products, some of which
might do more for your legs than the Gazelle.

I love it, and, more importantly, I use it.

Perhaps true again, but are you accomplishing anything??
You are AT BEST working *one* so-so important muscle in your
whole lower body!! With the resistance piston set to zero--as it is in
EVERY frame of the infomercial!--you are not even working that one
muscle, if your legs are swinging at their and the machine's natural
frequency, which is how 99.9% of users will use the machine.
The Gazelle is a CPM machine: continuous passive motion, which
by definition requires no muscle action. Tony, being the entrevenereal
genius that he is, said,
"My, what a great idea for the exercising American Pubic(tm)! I
finally found a machine that is as useless for the legs and aerobic
conditioning as my Ab Isolater was for the abs! AND, I don't have to
suck in my gut anymore!"
----------------------
Kristofer Hogg, ms, rd
HoloBarre Rehab/Fitness/Stretching Systems, Yonkers, NY
to email: Remove the numeric value of pi in my address

Old July 24th 03, 06:30 AM
Doggie

Thanks, Nada. Two years ago I was seriously injured by an equipment mishap
at work. Severe spinal injuries, numbness, joint pain and blinding
headaches. Like you, I had to find a machine to get me back to mobility.
As with you and the TRUE HRC, the Gazelle Elite was my godsend. The
mechanics aided me in full limb extension, and I was again able to raise my
heart rate during workouts. Everybody has different needs...and often those
needs provide different solutions.

Best of luck to you.

Old July 24th 03, 06:36 AM
Doggie

Few things are as useless as your posting.

Old July 24th 03, 02:01 PM
Nada

Wow, that is really awful. I can totally relate to the numbness, joint
pain...chronic pain. It's a hell of a way to live. I'm glad your machine
helps you so much. I do not know what the Gazelle Elite is, but I will read
about it. You've got me curious :-)

Keep up the good work!

Nada

Old July 24th 03, 02:25 PM
Nada

I just looked up the Gazelle Elite. It looks deadly :-) I bet you get
quite a workout. I don't think my back would allow me to stretch like that,
unfortunately. Do you use this machine daily? Pretty impressive with all
your injuries!

Old July 24th 03, 03:38 PM
John G. Thomas

Just a reminder as there are a few new heads around he A few years ago I
began to carry dumbbells and exercise with them as I walked. It felt so
good I thought I'd share it so I built a web site to show it off. The site
is non-commercial. I have nothing to gain from it except recognition.
Check it out:

http://justjohn.4t.com/walkingwithweights.htm

Treadmill headrush? Help Me Aerobic 5 January 11th 14 08:14 PM
treadmill variances Cheeena Aerobic 1 June 26th 04 03:36 PM
Landice Treadmill Question Thea Barbato Aerobic 0 May 21st 04 09:35 PM
Exercycle vs. treadmill? Beowulf Aerobic 1 January 5th 04 11:40 PM
Looking for Treadmill Recommendations (Australia) Paul Walker Aerobic 11 December 3rd 03 09:05 AM