bug in the eye

Old July 13th 03, 05:34 PM
Heatwave

Default bug in the eye

Stephen Throop wrote:

What's the best thing to do if a small bug flies into your eye (usually
at dusk)?

My mother always made me blow my nose until the bug was gone!

Old July 16th 03, 09:52 PM
Stephen Throop

Heatwave wrote:

Stephen Throop wrote:

What's the best thing to do if a small bug flies into your eye (usually
at dusk)?

My mother always made me blow my nose until the bug was gone!

I think the bugs in question are tiny flying ants. When one flew into
my eye one evening, I closed it for several seconds, then opened it.
That's when it got very painful. If it was an ant, perhaps it released
formic acid.

Another tiny bug flew into my eye at the same place the next evening.
This time I kept that eye closed for several minutes as I walked, and
there was no pain. Could my tears have killed it?
Old July 17th 03, 12:06 AM
Heatwave

"Stephen Throop" wrote in message
Heatwave wrote:

Stephen Throop wrote:

What's the best thing to do if a small bug flies into your eye

(usually
at dusk)?

My mother always made me blow my nose until the bug was gone!

I think the bugs in question are tiny flying ants. When one flew into
my eye one evening, I closed it for several seconds, then opened it.
That's when it got very painful. If it was an ant, perhaps it released
formic acid.

Another tiny bug flew into my eye at the same place the next evening.
This time I kept that eye closed for several minutes as I walked, and
there was no pain. Could my tears have killed it?

More than likely but no need to feel guilty, these things happen. Hopefully
though it was just in a state of shock or even lulled to sleep.
As you seem to live in a dangerous environment have you thought about
wearing safety goggles as you walk?

Old July 17th 03, 04:58 AM
Stephen Throop

Heatwave wrote:

Stephen Throop wrote:

[...]

I could wear a hat and hang flypaper from the brim in front of my eyes.
Old July 17th 03, 05:34 PM
Heatwave

Heatwave wrote:

Stephen Throop wrote:

[...]

Too many flies could come to a sticky end, PETA would soon get wind of your
cruelty. Far better IMO is to whistle a song such as Waltzing Matilda to let
them know you're coming and to make or buy a swagman's hat to deter the deaf
ones.