Build Muscle and Loose Fat

Old July 11th 03, 04:47 AM
FA

Default Build Muscle and Loose Fat

I've been trying to loose fat and build muscle at the same time. Since may,
I've lost 20 pounds of weight from once a week of 30min runs, weights, and a
descent diet (eating less and healthy, but not too restrctive). I'm just
wondering though if the dieting could be hampering my muscle building
efforst. I don't wanna get too big, but also don't want my weight lifting
efforst to go to waste.

Some ppl have said its better just to train with weights, and loose weight
later and not to do the same if the aim is to buildl muscle.

Thanks

Old July 11th 03, 05:16 AM
The Queen of Cans and Jars

Rumpleforeskin wrote:

Tell me...how DO you build "loose fat?"

put it in a burlap sack and smack it around?
Old July 11th 03, 05:16 AM
The Queen of Cans and Jars

Old July 11th 03, 06:14 AM
Lee Michaels

"The Queen of Cans and Jars" wrote in message
. ..
Rumpleforeskin wrote:

Tell me...how DO you build "loose fat?"

put it in a burlap sack and smack it around?

Jump around a lot while consuming dozens of Krispy Kreme donuts??

Old July 11th 03, 06:39 PM
Chaser

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 06:05:55 -0500, "Kragness1"
wrote:

You can maintain muscle and lose fat by going on a low-carb diet.
-Scott

"FA" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
I've been trying to loose fat and build muscle at the same time. Since

may,
I've lost 20 pounds of weight from once a week of 30min runs, weights, and

descent diet (eating less and healthy, but not too restrctive). I'm just
wondering though if the dieting could be hampering my muscle building
efforst. I don't wanna get too big, but also don't want my weight lifting
efforst to go to waste.

Some ppl have said its better just to train with weights, and loose weight
later and not to do the same if the aim is to buildl muscle.

Thanks

It can be done on a relatively high-carb intake as well. You'll be
giving yourself great amounts of muscle glycogen levels for hard
workouts. If you don't have enough energy from carbs, then
muscle-wasting has a better medium to occur. Along with that, you can
do that cardio 4-5 times/week of course to continue fat loss. The
general train of thought here is you need to be carb restrictive and
do lots and lots of cardio. This isn't so.

Just adding more
Old July 11th 03, 06:39 PM
Chaser

wrote:

You can maintain muscle and lose fat by going on a low-carb diet.
-Scott

. cable.rogers.com...

Old July 11th 03, 07:43 PM
Matti Kolu

"Chaser" skrev i meddelandet
The
general train of thought here is you need to be carb restrictive and
do lots and lots of cardio.

IMO, the general diet recommendation here looks more like:

eat less than you consume
eat enough protein and EFA's

carbs are usually not mentioned.

and when it comes to training:

Weigh train a couple of times per week
add cardio if you wish (low intensity stuff or HIIT depending on who you
are)

Matti

Old July 11th 03, 07:45 PM
Matti Kolu