Wainwright Walks: Coast to Coast

Old May 23rd 09, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
PeterC

Default Wainwright Walks: Coast to Coast

On Sat, 23 May 2009 12:11:49 +0100, Gordon H wrote:

In message . org,
Yoss1960 writes
On Fri, 22 May 2009 23:29:06 +0100, Boo wrote:

I think this must be true, the first episode covered St Bees to
Longthwaite and ony the fittest, fastest walker could do that in a day (I
couldn't, for sure). With a camera crew fussing about in attendance it
would be completely impossible IMHO.

There was no need for a camera crew to accompany Julia for the entire
trip. In all likelihood, the route was walked with an eye open for areas
that were suitably photogenic. Those parts would then have been filmed.

I was merely explaining why Julia had three jackets on during one
programme. As her dresser I know these things.

Wish I could afford that job!
--
Peter.
It's not rocket science, you know.
Old May 23rd 09, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Gordon H[_3_]

In message , PeterC
writes
On Sat, 23 May 2009 12:11:49 +0100, Gordon H wrote:

In message . org,
Yoss1960 writes
On Fri, 22 May 2009 23:29:06 +0100, Boo wrote:

I think this must be true, the first episode covered St Bees to
Longthwaite and ony the fittest, fastest walker could do that in a day (I
couldn't, for sure). With a camera crew fussing about in attendance it
would be completely impossible IMHO.

There was no need for a camera crew to accompany Julia for the entire
trip. In all likelihood, the route was walked with an eye open for areas
that were suitably photogenic. Those parts would then have been filmed.

I was merely explaining why Julia had three jackets on during one
programme. As her dresser I know these things.

Wish I could afford that job!

Until my life savings run out.

I couldn't get Kate Silverman; she wanted too much.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old May 23rd 09, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
PeterC

On Sat, 23 May 2009 16:09:57 +0100, Gordon H wrote:

In message , PeterC
writes
On Sat, 23 May 2009 12:11:49 +0100, Gordon H wrote:

In message . org,
Yoss1960 writes
On Fri, 22 May 2009 23:29:06 +0100, Boo wrote:

I think this must be true, the first episode covered St Bees to
Longthwaite and ony the fittest, fastest walker could do that in a day (I
couldn't, for sure). With a camera crew fussing about in attendance it
would be completely impossible IMHO.

There was no need for a camera crew to accompany Julia for the entire
trip. In all likelihood, the route was walked with an eye open for areas
that were suitably photogenic. Those parts would then have been filmed.

I was merely explaining why Julia had three jackets on during one
programme. As her dresser I know these things.

Wish I could afford that job!

Until my life savings run out.

I couldn't get Kate Silverman; she wanted too much.

Silverton(?)

Spend, spend, spen (archaic)
Old May 24th 09, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Neil Pugh

In message , Gordon H
writes

Each 'episode' covers two or even three days worth of walking, I think.
Coast to coast in 6 days, including filming ?

http://www.grough.co.uk/view/2008/10...ulias-coast-to
-coast-will-screen-in-spring/

"The filming took three weeks and Julia covered the whole distance
though, as the producer admits, “I can’t put my hand on my heart and
say she walked every single step of the way, but there isn’t a bit of
the route that she isn’t now familiar with. We have to go back and
forth when we are filming and there are delays when you’re working
with a crew.”

The recording produced about eight or nine hours of footage on the
ground, with a similar amount of aerial film.

This will be edited down to produce six half-hour programmes for BBC4,
to be broadcast in March or April 2009. Each episode covers between 30
and 40 miles of the route and was done, in the fashion recommended by
Wainwright, from West to East."

Regards,

--
Neil Pugh
http://www.blacknail.org.uk/
Old May 24th 09, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Rudolpho

Gordon H wrote:
In message ,
limestone-cowboy writes
Boo wrote:
Julia B add somewhat to the interest
She does a bit, doesn't she ?

and she seems to have a whole wardrobe truck with her. Three different
jackets in the same day....

Each 'episode' covers two or even three days worth of walking, I think.
Coast to coast in 6 days, including filming ?

That quite impossible. I only did the highlights op the walk and it took
14 days
--

Rudolpho
Carpe Diem
Old May 24th 09, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Gordon H[_3_]

In message , PeterC
writes
[...]

Aye, that's the one.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old May 26th 09, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Bob Mannix

"Rudolpho" wrote in message
Gordon H wrote:
In message ,
limestone-cowboy writes
Boo wrote:
Julia B add somewhat to the interest
She does a bit, doesn't she ?

and she seems to have a whole wardrobe truck with her. Three different
jackets in the same day....

Each 'episode' covers two or even three days worth of walking, I think.
Coast to coast in 6 days, including filming ?

That quite impossible. I only did the highlights op the walk and it took
14 days

[with apologies to Michael Winner/Esure] - "calm down dears, it's only a tv
programme!" - why on earth would anyone imagine she (a) walked all of it and
(b) did it in the time that appeared to be the case on screen?

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)