Historic maps from Anquet - if you're interested.

Old May 16th 09, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Martin Richardson

Default Historic maps from Anquet - if you're interested.

In message , Bill Grey
writes
Ordnance Survey 1805-1874 - 19th Century Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1896-1904 - Victorian Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1919-1926 - Inter-War Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1945-48 - Post-War Landscapes

I've posted this just in case anyone's interested and doesn't
Anquet -
not sure if Memory-map have a similar offering.

Thanks Jhimmy - that sounds like the very thing I've been looking for. I
shall investigate

You planning to walk backwards?

For Christmas, over the Irish Sea? No. But where I live has changed a
heck of a lot over the last hundred or so years, including the creation
and disintegration of several coalmines, railway lines, tunnels etc.
It's fascinating to see what was where and how it all fits in.

Fran

I remember it well :-)

The OS is not that old!

--
Martin Richardson
56/220 Corbetts - 25% 772/1555 Marilyns - 49.6%

Old May 16th 09, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Terry Pinnell

"Rodders" wrote:

"Jhimmy" wrote in message
Just recieved Anquet's newsletter and they've now got historic maps
available.

Ordnance Survey 1805-1874 - 19th Century Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1896-1904 - Victorian Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1919-1926 - Inter-War Landscapes
Ordnance Survey 1945-48 - Post-War Landscapes

I've posted this just in case anyone's interested and doesn't have
Anquet - not sure if Memory-map have a similar offering.

Jhimmy

Oh, surprise surprise, only covers England & Wales

http://www.memory-map.co.uk/historical/

Rodders

I assume these would simply be added to the map folder and would then
appear under the map list (with the limitation you've found)? And then
run happily on Mem-map OS5? No awkward licence issues or hassle of the
sort I've come to expect from anything 'OS-related'?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Old May 16th 09, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Bill Grey

In message , Martin Richardson
writes
[...]

Only kidding the Old Sod isn't that old indeed :-)
--
Bill Grey

Old May 18th 09, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Phil Cook[_2_]

Jhimmy wrote:

I think Phil has linked us to this site before many moons ago. As for
the maps - looks very much like my collection of paper maps :-)

--
Martin Richardson
56/220 Corbetts - 25% 772/1555 Marilyns - 49.6%
118/211 Irish Hewitts - 56% 107/118 New Donalds - 91%

I am a mountain and hill bagger, Martin, not a bookmark bagger ;-)

In another place I have discovered another source of out of copyright
maps.

http://peoplesmap.com/Map.aspx

Out of copyright map and Getmapping imagery is available from the drop
down menu.
--
Phil Cook, last hill: Sgurr na Banachdich
http://www.therewaslight.co.uk

Anquet maps Deanie Walking in the UK 1 October 1st 06 11:37 PM
using anquet maps Scott Walking in the UK 2 August 31st 04 12:02 AM
Anquet Maps Andy Laycock Walking in the UK 39 May 24th 04 08:59 PM
Anquet Maps on a Mac Michael Poole Walking in the UK 1 April 20th 04 07:01 PM
New Anquet Maps theo Walking in the UK 2 March 17th 04 01:46 PM