Blowing my own horn

Old May 16th 07, 12:24 PM posted to rec.running
the_bmac

Default Blowing my own horn

After 27 years of sloth, I have like a rusted phoenix risen from the ashes of way too many ... ooops,
gotta hold back a bit there.

Completed the first half-marathon of my life last weekend. Target time was anything within 10% of
2hrs. Had completed the course in 2:16 two weeks earlier so... Anyways, chip time was 2:01:28. I'm
still grinning. The plan was to go [email protected] 6min and then gradually bring them in faster with each
subsequent km. In the end, I went 5:40 for just about the whole thing. I had so much left in the
tank in the last 3km that I passed 50-100 people mostly climbing gentle slopes in the last part of the
race. The plan for the fall marathon continues.
Old May 16th 07, 05:26 PM posted to rec.running
Charlie Pendejo

the_bmac wrote:
After 27 years of sloth, I have like a rusted phoenix risen from
the ashes of way too many ... ooops, gotta hold back a bit there.

Thanks for sparing our delicate ears.

Completed the first half-marathon of my life last weekend. Target
time was anything within 10% of 2hrs. Had completed the course
in 2:16 two weeks earlier so... Anyways, chip time was 2:01:28.

Outstanding, congrats!

What's your training like? And more importantly, how'd you celebrate
- or does that also need censorship?

Old May 16th 07, 09:55 PM posted to rec.running
the_bmac

Charlie Pendejo wrote:

Outstanding, congrats!

thanks

What's your training like? And more importantly, how'd you celebrate
- or does that also need censorship?

Just coming off a 4 month training cycle of speed-tempo-LSD that had me doing 35-40miles/week in the
weeks before the taper. Tri-training adds 60-80 bike miles/week in 2 sessions with brick workouts and
pool sessions as well. As to the celebrations...cue sleazy sax riffs it was a _hot_ afternoon
Old May 17th 07, 12:25 AM posted to rec.running
[email protected]

On May 16, 7:24 am, the_bmac wrote:
After 27 years of sloth, I have like a rusted phoenix risen from the ashes of way too many ... ooops,
gotta hold back a bit there.

Completed the first half-marathon of my life last weekend. Target time was anything within 10% of
2hrs. Had completed the course in 2:16 two weeks earlier so... Anyways, chip time was 2:01:28. I'm
still grinning. The plan was to go [email protected] 6min and then gradually bring them in faster with each
subsequent km. In the end, I went 5:40 for just about the whole thing. I had so much left in the
tank in the last 3km that I passed 50-100 people mostly climbing gentle slopes in the last part of the
race. The plan for the fall marathon continues.

I strongly suspect there's no part of your body that ever got anything
blown unless you did it yourself.

Old May 17th 07, 01:10 PM posted to rec.running
Anthony

"the_bmac" wrote in message
After 27 years of sloth, I have like a rusted phoenix risen from the ashes
of way too many ... ooops, gotta hold back a bit there.

Completed the first half-marathon of my life last weekend. Target time
was anything within 10% of 2hrs. Had completed the course in 2:16 two
weeks earlier so... Anyways, chip time was 2:01:28. I'm still grinning.
The plan was to go [email protected] 6min and then gradually bring them in faster with
each subsequent km. In the end, I went 5:40 for just about the whole
thing. I had so much left in the tank in the last 3km that I passed
50-100 people mostly climbing gentle slopes in the last part of the race.
The plan for the fall marathon continues.

Good effort! Target achieved and finishing strong.

Anthony.

Old May 17th 07, 02:14 PM posted to rec.running
Frank Boettcher

On Wed, 16 May 2007 07:24:30 -0400, the_bmac wrote:

After 27 years of sloth, I have like a rusted phoenix risen from the ashes of way too many ... ooops,
gotta hold back a bit there.

Completed the first half-marathon of my life last weekend. Target time was anything within 10% of
2hrs. Had completed the course in 2:16 two weeks earlier so... Anyways, chip time was 2:01:28. I'm
still grinning. The plan was to go [email protected] 6min and then gradually bring them in faster with each
subsequent km. In the end, I went 5:40 for just about the whole thing. I had so much left in the
tank in the last 3km that I passed 50-100 people mostly climbing gentle slopes in the last part of the
race. The plan for the fall marathon continues.

Great job! Hang in there and stay with it. You'll be surprised at
how fast you will make progress.

Frank
Old May 17th 07, 03:57 PM posted to rec.running
the_bmac

Frank Boettcher wrote:

Great job! Hang in there and stay with it. You'll be surprised at
how fast you will make progress.

Thanks to both you and Anthony. I have gone through a period of improvement in the latter part of
this last cycle. My 10k went from 1:04 to 51:54 in the space of 4 weeks so I'm feeling quite good
about the progress. I do know that the real work is yet to come. For some silly reason I seem to be
motivated to get to about 3:45 at Detroit or Toronto this fall...hmmm
Old May 23rd 07, 02:29 PM posted to rec.running
Miss Anne Thrope

You're boasting about finishing half of a race?

I drank a half case of beer, smoked a half ounce of sweet cheeba, ate
half of a pizza in one sitting, and made it through half of Chariots Of
Fire yesterday, but you don't hear me crowing about it.

Old May 23rd 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.running
the_bmac

Miss Anne Thrope wrote:
snip

yaawwwwnnnn....

*plonk*
Old May 25th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.running
[email protected]

On May 23, 11:50 am, the_bmac wrote:
Miss Anne Thrope wrote:

snip

yaawwwwnnnn....

*plonk*

You know there's nothing worse than a lieing sack of ****. Your stupid
ass has "plonked" her several times already, if you really did it then
it wouldn't happen a second time arsehole.

Weights and the middle-aged woman Guinevere Weights 135 May 15th 06 11:55 PM
maximum fat loss per day asdf Weights 32 April 25th 06 02:52 AM
It's blowing a right old gale..... Dave McLaughlin Walking in the UK 22 January 10th 05 12:11 AM
Muscular face? Dan O'Connor Weights 48 October 4th 04 06:56 PM