CCRKBA - REACTION TO GILLIBRAND PROVES DEMOCRATS STILL PARTY OF GUN CONTROL

Old January 27th 09, 04:19 PM posted to rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.motorcycles,soc.veterans,misc.fitness.weights
Sid9

Default CCRKBA - REACTION TO GILLIBRAND PROVES DEMOCRATS STILL PARTY OF GUN CONTROL

wrote in message
On Jan 26, 10:26 pm, "Cole Firearms Inc."
wrote:
NEWS RELEASE

REACTION TO GILLIBRAND PROVES DEMOCRATS STILL PARTY OF GUN CONTROL, SAYS
CCRKBA

BELLEVUE, WA – The hysteria-laden reaction from members of her own party
to last week’s appointment of New York Congresswoman Kirsten Gillibrand
to fill the United States Senate seat vacated by Hillary Clinton proves
that Democrats are still the party of gun control, the Citizens
Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms said today.

“Kirsten Gillibrand gets high marks from the ACLU and from the Americans
for Democratic Action,” noted CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb. “She
supports abortion rights, stem cell research and health care protection
for children – all hot button issues for Democrats – but because she
supports gun rights, members of her own party have chosen to excoriate
her and Gov. David Patterson. Well, so much for being the party of
tolerance and inclusion.

“Where does it say that gun owners in New York State should be deprived
of a voice in the Senate Democratic Caucus,” Gottlieb wondered.
“Gillibrand recently said she believes there can be much common ground
between those who protect gun rights and those who believe in gun
control. Isn’t that the same thing that the extremists at the Brady
Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence have been claiming? Isn’t that the same
philosophy that gun control zealots on Capitol Hill have expressed in
the past?

“The difference,” he continued, “is that Gillibrand has a 100-percent
rating from the NRA, while too many of her fellow Democrats have made
careers out of giving only lip service to the Second Amendment.

“What this controversy really proves,” Gottlieb stated, “is that too
many Democrats remain devoted to crushing gun rights, and they will even
stoop to attacking and demonizing a rising star of their own party to
further their agenda. This is not the party of ‘change’ that so many
Americans supported in November. It is apparently a party of narrow
views with no tolerance for different opinions, especially if those
opinions support the rights of millions of law-abiding American firearms
owners.”

These Dogs Don't Hunt: The Democrats' War on Guns

This book is a must read for every gun owner concerned about the
election results.
Buy now at a discount
fromwww.amazon.com

Please e-mail, distribute, and circulate to friends and family

Copyright © 2009 Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms,
All Rights Reserved.
Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
James Madison Building
12500 N.E. Tenth Place
Bellevue, WA 98005 Voice: 425-454-4911
Toll Free: 800-426-4302
FAX: 425-451-3959
email:

--

“Most people are alive only because it’s illegal to kill them.”
-- Rev. Shawn Cole

Many Dems are in lock-step with Brady, Schumer, et al, ad nauseum.

mitch

Let's see.

A Democratic governor of a Democratic state appoints a Democratic senator
who opposes gun control...
.....do I have that right?

Old January 27th 09, 08:13 PM posted to rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.motorcycles,soc.veterans,misc.fitness.weights
Vito[_2_]

"Jack G." wrote
"Sid9" wrote:
"Cole Firearms Inc." wrote:
NEWS RELEASE

REACTION TO GILLIBRAND PROVES DEMOCRATS STILL PARTY OF GUN CONTROL,

Many Dems are in lock-step with Brady, Schumer, et al, ad nauseum.

Sid is half right. The statement is many (not all) Dems are in lock-step.

The last Democrat "kingmaker" I talked to said "Every time a Democrat says
'Gun Control' we loose 1000 votes". I think their good old boy from
Louisiana said something similar. Mary Sue Terry was a shoo-in for Governor
following Wilder until she began talking gun control. She lost and so did
every other Democrat til the bible thumpers made voters even madder. You'd
think they both would learn. We had an "assault weapon" ban under Clinton.
It achieved nothing, except get a gun dealer and his church killed.

Old January 27th 09, 09:05 PM posted to rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.motorcycles,soc.veterans,misc.fitness.weights
Sid9

"Vito" wrote in message
g.com...
"Jack G." wrote
"Sid9" wrote:
"Cole Firearms Inc." wrote:
NEWS RELEASE

REACTION TO GILLIBRAND PROVES DEMOCRATS STILL PARTY OF GUN CONTROL,

Many Dems are in lock-step with Brady, Schumer, et al, ad nauseum.

Sid is half right. The statement is many (not all) Dems are in lock-step.

The last Democrat "kingmaker" I talked to said "Every time a Democrat says
'Gun Control' we loose 1000 votes". I think their good old boy from
Louisiana said something similar. Mary Sue Terry was a shoo-in for
Governor following Wilder until she began talking gun control. She lost
and so did every other Democrat til the bible thumpers made voters even
madder. You'd think they both would learn. We had an "assault weapon" ban
under Clinton. It achieved nothing, except get a gun dealer and his church
killed.

I'm a liberal Democrat.

I advocate no new gun laws.

I reason as follows:

There are an estimated 200,000,000 to 300,000,000 guns in the hands of
Americans.

I believe that no new guns laws would be effective in changing anything.

So then, why **** into the wind?

Americans will keep on killing each other and I do not believe government
can do anything about it.

Old January 28th 09, 12:45 AM posted to rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.motorcycles,soc.veterans,misc.fitness.weights
Sid9

"Twibil" wrote in message
On Jan 27, 1:05 pm, "Sid9" wrote:

I'm a liberal Democrat.

I advocate no new gun laws.

I reason as follows:

There are an estimated 200,000,000 to 300,000,000 guns in the hands of
Americans.

I believe that no new guns laws would be effective in changing anything.

So then, why **** into the wind?

Americans will keep on killing each other and I do not believe government
can do anything about it.

I'm a centrist conservative who feels the same way because I believe
that you're wrong: the government can make things worse.

That sounds like St. Reagan.

After he said that, Americans elected a government that DID make things
worse.

(Either by intent or incompetence)

Democrats run better than Republicans. The Vicar Running 6 November 13th 06 08:49 PM
Attention Unhappy Democrats Tifosi Bob Weights 569 November 26th 04 11:09 AM
Human Reaction Rates Terri General 0 February 3rd 04 02:35 PM
Strange reaction Rich Delaney Swimming 5 December 5th 03 09:19 PM