Any reason to post here

Old December 15th 08, 05:07 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Burr[_2_]

Default Any reason to post here

Has the group passed?

Old December 15th 08, 05:33 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
spodosaurus

Burr wrote:
Has the group passed?

No, I'm still working on it. I have got to eat more fibre. Pass me
another magazine will yah mate?

Many people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant. Please
volunteer to be a marrow donor and literally save someone's life:
http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/
Old December 15th 08, 06:09 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Steve Freides[_2_]

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article
,
spodosaurus wrote:

Burr wrote:
Has the group passed?

No, I'm still working on it. I have got to eat more fibre. Pass me
another magazine will yah mate?

snicker

Carrots will keep you loose or go eat a can of spinach. ;-)

Seriously Burr, it's the Holidaze season so I'm sure that's keeping
everyone busy. I've personally been adding more weight and added leg
press back to my routine since I can put the backrest down flat to
keep
pressure off the lumbar spine.

Now my legs are sore. g That, of course, is welcome!

Here's a video from a week or three ago with my latest leg-training
stunt. It's a combination of qigong move and several kettlebell
moves - you do bodyweight stuff on one leg, then one-leg deadlift the
kettlebell with the opposite hand (which is the hardest way), then do a
one-legged squat, then reverse yourself, putting the bell down to
complete the one-legged deadlift, and finishing the bodyweight qigong
movement.

The video is with 16 kg - I'm up to 24 kg now but only for one rep and
trying to work on getting a few more.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=v3xWiMJdCrY

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them
humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama

Old December 15th 08, 09:19 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Steve Freides[_2_]

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Steve Freides" wrote:

Here's a video from a week or three ago with my latest leg-training
stunt. It's a combination of qigong move and several kettlebell
moves - you do bodyweight stuff on one leg, then one-leg deadlift the
kettlebell with the opposite hand (which is the hardest way), then do
one-legged squat, then reverse yourself, putting the bell down to
complete the one-legged deadlift, and finishing the bodyweight qigong
movement.

The video is with 16 kg - I'm up to 24 kg now but only for one rep
and
trying to work on getting a few more.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=v3xWiMJdCrY

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

That part of the move that is a one legged deep knee bend...

Damn you are in good shape!

I try. What, in particular, prompts that comment?

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Old December 15th 08, 09:36 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Steve Freides[_2_]

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Steve Freides" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Steve Freides" wrote:

[...]

The one legged deep knee bend. I can't do that. It hurts too much.

It can be curative if you learn how to do it right. The idea is, much
like in a PL squat, to keep the shin vertical and the weight on your
heel, which really activates the hamstring; all that hamstring tension
strengthens the joint, keeps pressure forward pressure off the knee, and
is generally just a good thing. The easiest way to learn them is to
read "Naked Warrior" and follow the instructions - those instructions
start with doing rock-back style pistols to a high box. A rocking style
pistol is easier and you can gradually work to lower and lower things.

These took me forever to learn how to do, and it was worth every bit of
effort. Hold a counterbalance in front of you in your hands, e.g., a
pair of light plates or dumbbells - it's easier with 5-10 lbs. total
weight than it is with bodyweight only. You can combine and use a
counterweight to do rocking, above parallel pistols.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Old December 15th 08, 10:31 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Burr[_2_]

"Steve Freides"

Damn Steve, That would kill me.

Your looking good.

Merry Christmas

Burr

Old December 20th 08, 04:26 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
The Queen of Cans and Jars[_2_]

Burr wrote:

Has the group passed?

Yes. Go away.
Old December 21st 08, 12:07 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights

"Curt" wrote in message
On Dec 15, 12:09 pm, "Steve Freides" wrote:
[snip]
The video is with 16 kg - I'm up to 24 kg now but only for one rep and
trying to work on getting a few more.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=v3xWiMJdCrY

Good Lord.

I have a 10-pound kettlebell and just tried that stunt.

Ain't happening.

Well done.

no point posting to the 'cattlebell kid' Curt - he has you killfiled and may
only see your post if he happens accidentally to be checking back in google
archives --

Old December 27th 08, 12:45 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Charles

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 18:33:12 -0800 (PST), David Cohen
wrote:

On Dec 21, 3:07*am, "David" wrote:
something
"Curt" wrote:

something else

BWAHAHAHAHAhahahaha...

You two participating in a thread about any reason to post here? Oh,
the irony!!

Reminds me of Las Vegas' version of the Rodney King riots. The local
dark skinned folks, upset that some low life scumbag got beat up by
the LAPD, burned down various parts of their neighborhood. Then, come
Monday morning, were VERY upset that they couldn't get their welfare
checks, because...THEY HAD BURNED DOWN THE LOCAL WELFARE OFFICE!!!!

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...bahahahahahaha... er baha..ha.. ha?

Typical ****ing Jew boy; they crucify Jesum Cripe and then whinge
about other minor fates that have befallen them; talk about irony...

....listen fat boy, The Enforcer, aided and abetted by a few
mean-spirited cronies, thought he could rule the roost and run people
off this Newsgroup. Now watch my lips ****wit - he couldn't, and he
bit off more than he could chew, and now the ****er's gone, and so
have all your other little chums.

So **** Jesum Cripe's luck; **** John William's luck; **** Little
Willy Brink's luck; **** Lee Michael's luck; **** Pat Style's luck;
**** Elzi Volk's luck; **** Ted Hoffman's luck - and **** your luck
Cohen, you bunch of whiney bitches - for ****'s sake butch up and
accept you lost to a better team!!

Oh, where's Charles when we need a hat trick?

I's rite her Bwana, hangin on yo evry word boss!!

Anyway, y'all have a lovely Ancient Wacky Jew Five Months Too Early
Birthday

And belated compliments of the season to you too from all of us
Christians, Agnostics, Atheists - and the rest of the doomed...

....hope you, and the good guys too, are having a good one - you know I
am!! ;o)

TFIC!
Old January 7th 09, 11:42 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights

"Curt" wrote in message
On Dec 21, 6:07 am, "David" wrote:
"Curt" wrote in message
On Dec 15, 12:09 pm, "Steve Freides" wrote:
[snip]

The video is with 16 kg - I'm up to 24 kg now but only for one rep and
trying to work on getting a few more.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=v3xWiMJdCrY

Good Lord.

I have a 10-pound kettlebell and just tried that stunt.

Ain't happening.

Well done.

no point posting to the 'cattlebell kid' Curt - he has you killfiled and
may
only see your post if he happens accidentally to be checking back in
google
archives

heh

I remember ol' JMDuh!BOOYAH! would always throw that out there.

"I wouldn't typically reply to you but I just haaaappened to be
searching Google archives and noticed your post."

What an ass.

Anyway, I don't keep track of whose kf I'm on. And my memory is shot,
so I didn't recall that bit of trivia. Certainly, the guy is not on my
Christmas card list, but that doesn't dismiss his one-legged squats.
Sweet.

YOU? You're on my Christmas card list!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
--
Damn right I'm on your list!
How are you doin' fer christ sake

We oughtta get Charles, the janitor and Sameera together . . . go out have
a couple of drinks . . . or sumpin . . . right?