Obama calls for new declaration of independence

Old January 18th 09, 02:48 AM posted to soc.veterans,rec.arts.tv,alt.california,misc.fitness.weights,rec.motorcycles
BrianNZ

Default Obama calls for new declaration of independence

.. wrote:
On Jan 17, 2:30 pm, wrote:

"What is required is a new declaration of independence, not just in our
nation, but in our own lives -- from ideology and small thinking,
prejudice and bigotry -- an appeal not to our easy instincts but to our
'better angels,' " he said, using a phrase from President Abraham
Lincoln's inaugural

http://academic.udayton.edu/race/02r...tm#Free%20them

"Free them, and make them politically and socially, our equals? My own
feelings will not admit of this; and if mine would, we well know that
those of the great mass of white people will not."---Abraham Lincoln

The political revisionist Lincoln also stated at one point that Negros
were *men*, as described in the Declaration of Independence, but a
*humbler* sort of men...

Lincoln figured that, even if the ships and money were available to
transport all the freed slaves back to Africa, they would only last
about ten days.

The USA has been stuck with the impossible situation of two races, one
civilized and one savage, inhabiting the states.

A cunning ploy, going to America in chains to work as slaves, knowing
that in a couple of hundred years they would take over........