looking for feedback on home gym exercise routine

Old January 25th 09, 03:11 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights

Default looking for feedback on home gym exercise routine

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Steve Freides" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
Charles wrote:

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 17:39:35 +1000, "David"
wrote:

"Steve Freides" wrote in message
[...]

To bring the conversation full circle, the OP asked about getting
bigger
and stronger. He should consider, IMHO, following a Westside
template of
each of those two lifts twice a week as explained in more detail
my
earlier messages and in much more detail than that on Westside's
web site
and in numerous articles all over the Internet. It is a very
simple
training template, at least to start. And he needn't deadlift
much, if at
all, if getting both bigger and stronger is his goal.

It is so fatuous to refer to another poster as OP. It is like you
cant be
bothered to look at his name - you know the guy has a name - would
you like
to be referred to as OP? He is not an OP - he is a person - is it an
ego
thing? You know you are not an OP - you are a regular of course. Cut
this OP
**** OK? He is entitled to be known by his name. OK, ponce?

P.S. thanks for the rundown on your squat experiences . . .
fascinating
stuff.

It is so fatuous to refer to another poster as ponce. It is like you
cant be bothered to look at his name - you know the guy has a name -
would you like to be referred to as ponce? He is not a ponce - he is
person - is it an ego thing? You know you are not a ponce - you are a
regular of course. Cut this ponce **** OK? He is entitled to be known
by his name. OK, you Oz prick?

;o)

Good day Charles! waves
--
Peace! Om

"Any ship can be a minesweeper. Once." -- Anonymous

Maybe it's "fatuous" to post in a weight lifting newsgroup when you
don't lift weights.

-Ponce-
http://welcome.topuertorico.org/city/ponce.shtml

Good response OP.

Good for a ponce, I guess

Old January 25th 09, 03:29 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights

"Steve Freides" wrote in message
"Omelet" wrote in message
news

wrote:

[...]

would you like to be referred to as ponce? He is not a ponce - he is a
person - is it an ego thing? You know you are not a ponce - you are a
regular of course. Cut this ponce **** OK? He is entitled to be known
by his name. OK, you Oz prick?

;o)

Good day Charles! waves
--
Peace! Om

"Any ship can be a minesweeper. Once." -- Anonymous

Maybe it's "fatuous" to post in a weight lifting newsgroup when you don't
lift weights.

-Ponce-
http://welcome.topuertorico.org/city/ponce.shtml

I'm planning to visit Ponce by the way - looks fascinating

Old January 25th 09, 05:44 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Charles

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 06:09:59 -0600, Omelet
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

And good day to you too mate.

Do you think this Oz stirring up poor old Steve is a prick! ;o)
Old January 25th 09, 05:47 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Charles

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 00:26:34 +1000, "David"
wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"David" wrote:

fatuous

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fatuous

Thanks for the new vocabulary word David. :-)

Ha ha! (Om I fear that Charles has been drinking again)

Not in January old chum, I'm on the dreaded annual diet and not a drop
passes my lips until I am trim, taut and terrific again. I've lost
just over half a stone and have about ten pounds to go.

****ing roll on!! ;o)
Old January 25th 09, 05:49 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Charles

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 09:44:02 -0500, "Steve Freides"
wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news

wrote:

[...]

I hope you're referring to the Oz prick and not me Steve; I've just
leapt to your defence - yet again!

How's it going old chum? ;o)

Old January 25th 09, 06:15 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Steve Freides[_2_]

"Charles" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 09:44:02 -0500, "Steve Freides"
wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news

wrote:

[...]

Yes, of course, you got that right, Charles. Isn't there some sort of
alt.oz.chat newsgroup he can post in? Of what possible interest can a
weightlifting newsgroup be?

How's it going old chum? ;o)

Still here, still lifting, albeit with a very slowing recovering right
shoulder, and will compete in this in April:

http://www.tacticalstrengthchallenge.com

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Old January 25th 09, 07:29 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights

"Charles" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 09:44:02 -0500, "Steve Freides"
wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news In article ,

wrote:

[...]

You bleat too much, Stevie boy

Old January 25th 09, 10:21 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Andrzej Rosa

Dnia 2009-01-24 Steve Freides napisał(a):
"Andrzej Rosa" wrote in message

[...]
Squat and deadlift are equally important competition lifts. Westside
concentrates on bench and squat, because gear helps most with those
lifts. It makes sense to optimize somebody's ability to use gear at
two
lifts even if it compromises his ability to do deadlifts, because the
total will go up anyway. Why, some people post higher bench numbers
than deadlift numbers...

When I was training as a 3-lift powerlifter, which I did once for about
six months, I squatted regularly and deadlifted much less often - and my
deadlift still went up. (I didn't bench much because I prefer overhead
pressing, so I did just enough to be able to do _something_ in a meet,
and that's what I did, something - I think I got 180 lbs. at once meet
and 190 at the next, both as a 148 lb., 48 year old lifter, and that
was the last time I trained my bench press. This was AAU Raw rules at
the time, so the lfit is paused on the chest until the judge says
"press".) There is a lot of carryover from the squat to the deadlift,
especially if you aren't hampered by a weak grip, which I am not. I
found I could basically squat a lot, deadlift once in a while, and my
deadlift got better right along with my squat. That's how they do it at
Westside to the best of my knowledge. IOW, it's not that they don't
like deadlifting but simply that, in order to be most effective at all
three lifts, they've found it works best when they train the squat and
the bench press heavily and the deadlift much less often.

Ah, so that's why? You mean that gear has nothing to do with it?
Interesting... ;-)

Seriously, if Powerlifting organizations had guts enough to remove
squats from competition and insist on raw benching, my respect for the
sport would go up immensely. Olympic lifting gained a lot by removing
hard to judge lift, and they even considered forgetting about C&J at
one
point, because commonly abused steroids had a much higher impact on
this
lift than on snatch.

To bring the conversation full circle, the OP asked about getting bigger
and stronger. He should consider, IMHO, following a Westside template
of each of those two lifts twice a week as explained in more detail my
earlier messages and in much more detail than that on Westside's web
site and in numerous articles all over the Internet. It is a very
simple training template, at least to start. And he needn't deadlift
much, if at all, if getting both bigger and stronger is his goal.

Once we are at it, let's endorse Crossfit too. Why restrict yourself to
only one overly complicated system which relies heavily on strange
pieces of equipment?

Anyway, getting big arse from a lot of box-squats is not what most
people mean when they say they want to get bigger. I know it sounds
kinda crazy, but that's how people are. Really.

--
Andrzej Rosa
Old January 26th 09, 01:45 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Steve Freides[_2_]

[...]

You still miss my point - there is a simple template that a new trainee
can follow here. Yes, a lot of people make it more complicated and
they're more advanced lifters, too, but I still maintain that it's a
fine template for a lot of folks. The fact that one's squat helps one's
deadlift has nothing to do with gear or with Westside for that matter,
IMHO, it's just the nature of the two lifts.

[...]

Oy - how did Crossfit get into this conversation?

Anyway, getting big arse from a lot of box-squats is not what most
people mean when they say they want to get bigger. I know it sounds
kinda crazy, but that's how people are. Really.

Yes, most people want only to bench press and get big "guns." A strong
"arse" is a good thing if being strong is your goal.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

--
Andrzej Rosa

Old January 26th 09, 04:17 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Bob Volkmer[_2_]

Steve Freides wrote:
"Andrzej Rosa" wrote in message
Dnia 2009-01-24 Steve Freides napisał(a):
"Andrzej Rosa" wrote in message

[...]

snip

my
earlier messages and in much more detail than that on Westside's web
site and in numerous articles all over the Internet. It is a very
simple training template, at least to start. And he needn't deadlift
much, if at all, if getting both bigger and stronger is his goal.

Once we are at it, let's endorse Crossfit too. Why restrict yourself
only one overly complicated system which relies heavily on strange
pieces of equipment?

Oy - how did Crossfit get into this conversation?

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

--
Andrzej Rosa

Almost by definition Crossfit can fit in to anywhere

Help with home routine Mr Christopher Taeni Weights 1 May 7th 07 03:39 AM
Home gym design feedback elzinator Weights 14 January 30th 05 08:16 PM
Home routine Novato Weights 4 January 30th 05 08:02 PM
PL routine feedback please Will Weights 31 January 22nd 04 05:50 PM
new routine, feedback please? Dokter Weights 2 August 28th 03 04:41 AM