Best Cardio Machine for Lower Back Strengthening?

Old December 14th 06, 02:34 AM posted to misc.fitness.misc
Joe Weaks

Default Best Cardio Machine for Lower Back Strengthening?

I'm looking at buying an Elliptical, Treadmill, Bike, Recumbent, or
Climber for Cardio. I'm id decent shape, less than 20 pounds over
ideal.

I have chronic pain around a fused vertebrae in lower back, so want my
choice to also be the one that gives the most benefit as far as lower
back strengthening. (A rower would be too direct/painful.)

Is there a clear choice which of the above makes the right machine? I'm
thinking Elliptical.
Thanks.

Old December 14th 06, 03:18 AM posted to misc.fitness.misc
Steve Freides

"Joe Weaks" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm looking at buying an Elliptical, Treadmill, Bike, Recumbent, or
Climber for Cardio. I'm id decent shape, less than 20 pounds over
ideal.

I have chronic pain around a fused vertebrae in lower back, so want my
choice to also be the one that gives the most benefit as far as lower
back strengthening. (A rower would be too direct/painful.)

Is there a clear choice which of the above makes the right machine?
I'm
thinking Elliptical.
Thanks.

I highly recommend you read this book:

http://www.backfitpro.com/ultbackbook.htm

While it's rather technical, it will give you some very good guidance
about choosing exercise that will make your back stronger without
damaging it further. Someone in your position cannot simply choose a
machine - you must be aware of the right form/technique to use,
regardless of the exercise. Proper exercise selection _and_ proper
technique together are what you need.

Just my opinion, but I have suffered a debilitating back injury - you
can read more about my history and my training at the site below if you
wish.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Old December 16th 06, 07:21 AM posted to misc.fitness.misc
Proctologically Violated©®

Anything that is back-extending (tension vs. compression) would likely prove
helpful.
The old Versa Climber (sleeping w/ the enemy, Julia Roberts), Covert
Bailey's old Health Rider.
A real stair climber might be better than the other stuff.
My HoloBarre is Da Bomb for back health, but it's not yet available.
Soon, tho.
Dips, hanging by your hands, hanging leg lifts, chinups, inversion, etc are
all good as well.
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

all d'numbuhs

oups.com...

Old February 15th 07, 09:33 PM posted to misc.fitness.misc
Joe Watts

Have had chronic back pain for many years till it has deteriorated to Spinal
Canal Stenosis. Saw this machine on Australia's "Beyond Tomorrow" and
decided to give it a try. Best move I ever made. Abdominal core, back, leg
and arm muscles have strengthened to a point I am more of a stock-whip than
a slack piece of string. Recent EEG shows no cause for concern. Lung
capacity and endurance has increased. Physical and mental well-being have
improved
Best of all is that there has been no deterioration in the lower back..No
"slipped" disc. No pain or additional numbness/burning in 6 months. Touch
wood.
AND........IT"S FUN
http://www.trikke.com/

BTW.Am 60 y/o

--
All incoming & outgoing email is scanned using the latest weapon in
antivirus software, Nod32.

PLEASE NOTE:

Names & Email Addresses have been removed to protect the privacy of those
particular individuals,... The Email to be forwarded CAN be edited in its'
Window..(this practice is recommended when forwarding all emails).

oups.com...

Old September 12th 14, 07:41 PM
Ostttarter Ostttarter is offline
Banned

Nice posts here. Thanks for sharing.
Old October 4th 17, 08:14 AM
JMFIT JMFIT is offline
Junior Member

Location: New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Weaks View Post
I'm looking at buying an Elliptical, Treadmill, Bike, Recumbent, or
Climber for Cardio. I'm id decent shape, less than 20 pounds over
ideal.

I have chronic pain around a fused vertebrae in lower back, so want my
choice to also be the one that gives the most benefit as far as lower
back strengthening. (A rower would be too direct/painful.)

Is there a clear choice which of the above makes the right machine? I'm
thinking Elliptical.
Thanks.
Hi Joe, have you tried Pilates Reformer or Supreme Pilates Pro machines? These are machines that you can use to perform pilates exercises. This means exercises that you do to strengthen your co lower body part which is your torso that covers your stomach, back and hip muscles. I suggest you make a research about Pilates Exercise and find out if this will help you.

Lieutenant Bernadette K. Lee, did you know my balls stink like rotten cheese? Otherwise the pear in Johann's bucket might recommend some bizarre shopkeepers. dave hillstrom Triathalon 0 April 15th 06 06:37 AM
Hardgainer Bodybuilding & Weightlifting FAQ Rolo&Maria Weights 30 December 29th 04 10:32 PM
Lower back pain & squatting DH Weights 6 July 13th 04 06:24 PM
lf: advice on back problems and lifting weights. [email protected] Weights 44 October 16th 03 06:12 AM
Vicodin Abusing No-Integrity Hypocrite ATP Weights 103 October 9th 03 06:51 PM