Nausea after walking

Old April 30th 15, 01:06 AM
Matty77 Matty77 is offline
Junior Member

Default Nausea after walking

I'm overweight and need to lose weight. I feel sick regularly but for the last 6 weeks I've been walking daily. I normally do 10-15 minuted normal walking speed.

Did the walk tonight and near the end I felt sick as a dog and thought I was going to puke. This can't be normal. Dr says it's anxiety but that's pony. I go for a gentle walk and 10 minutes later I'm in the kitchen out of breath (sometines) and feeling sick as a dog. It really makes me not want to do it

Any advice. It can't be normal feeling sick after 10 minute stroll
Old May 1st 15, 04:46 AM posted to misc.fitness.walking
Joy Beeson

On Thu, 30 Apr 2015 01:06:00 +0200, Matty77
wrote:

I'm overweight and need to lose weight. I feel sick regularly but for
the last 6 weeks I've been walking daily. I normally do 10-15 minuted
normal walking speed.

Did the walk tonight and near the end I felt sick as a dog and thought I
was going to puke. This can't be normal. Dr says it's anxiety but
that's pony. I go for a gentle walk and 10 minutes later I'm in the
kitchen out of breath (sometines) and feeling sick as a dog. It really
makes me not want to do it

Any advice. It can't be normal feeling sick after 10 minute stroll

If it really is anxiety, it's going to be self-aggravating. I can't
think of anything that would make me more anxious than knowing that
ten minutes from now I'm going to want to throw up.

My first thought would be to gather data for the doctor: engage in
activities that resemble a ten-minute walk in various ways, and keep a
record of the results, and also record the times of spontaneous
episodes and what you had been doing.

Examples: sitting outdoors for exactly ten minutes. Walking for five
minutes. Working in the kitchen or at some other stand-up job for ten
minutes. Riding a bicycle for ten minutes. Walking with a book from
bench to bench so that it takes you half an hour to walk ten minutes.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGEJOY/
Old May 7th 15, 12:10 AM
Matty77 Matty77 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy Beeson View Post
wrote:

[...]

Thanks I'll give it a try
it happened again tonight worse than ever. Had to stop myself throwing up. I keep reading exercise is good for you. It makes me worse

Thanks for the suggestion

nausea during running determined Running 23 March 4th 07 07:19 PM
Nausea - Lifting Be Like Mike Weights 38 May 24th 06 10:33 PM
Newbie with nausea/weakness goddardwoman Weights 16 February 1st 05 02:29 PM
Newbie with nausea/weakness goddardwoman General 3 February 1st 05 05:25 AM
Nausea Long After Running mike s. Running 14 April 6th 04 03:24 PM