Treadmill advice needed

Old July 9th 08, 06:19 PM posted to misc.fitness.walking,misc.fitness.aerobic,misc.fitness.misc,uk.rec.walking,rec.running
Elflord

Default Treadmill advice needed

On 2008-07-09, BradC wrote:

Yours is the egocentric police view.

How is it a "police" view, and what is "egocentric" about it ?

People are free to chime in and suggest better questions and

Yes, they certainly are, and I never suggested otherwise.

But when they always "chime in" with the same question, they are open to the
criticism that they are more about pushing their agenda than they are about
helping the OP.

the OP is free to filter them out. I for one
have been happy a couple of times to find out I was asking the wrong
question. Get used to the Internet and the free flow of information.

My criticism of Steve's approach is part of this "internet" and "free flow
of information" that you speak of. If you wish to be a champion of this
"free slow of information", it is important that you are able to distinguish
between criticism and censorship / enforcement.

Cheers,
--
Elflord
Old July 9th 08, 09:42 PM posted to misc.fitness.walking,misc.fitness.aerobic,misc.fitness.misc,uk.rec.walking,rec.running
DrollTroll

On 2008-07-09, BradC wrote:

[...]

All of which wouldn't be so bad if the products of said egocentricity were
*correct*.
To endure egocentricity AND incorrectness is the real ass-kicking....
--
DT

Cheers,
--
Elflord

Old July 11th 08, 05:16 AM posted to misc.fitness.walking,misc.fitness.aerobic,misc.fitness.misc,uk.rec.walking,rec.running
Chris Malcolm

In uk.rec.walking Steve Freides wrote:

Google the phrase strength-endurance, and don't settle for just a
treadmill. Google also "ross budget training" and read his web site.
There are a ton of things one can do, at home, for little or no money,
to build both strength and conditioning, and certainly for well less
than the cost of a treadmill of any sort.

My choice would be a kettlebell plus the book "Enter The Kettlebell" by
Pavel Tsatsouline - the combination will cost you about $200 and is
widely available. Or buy yourself a screw-on dumbbell set at the local
mega-mart plus a jump rope - that combination will cost you $50.

Or check out the local charity shops and scrap yards. Dumb bell sets
can often be found for a few dollars. Last time I visited my local
scrap yard he had numbers of big exercise machines on sale as well,
including treadmills.

--
Chris Malcolm DoD #205
[

Old September 11th 13, 09:06 PM
Helas Helas is offline
Junior Member

I am totally agree with you and would like to say thanks to you that you share this post here with us.