Curtis Leffler is dead

Old June 23rd 17, 03:57 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
[email protected]

Default Curtis Leffler is dead

On Thursday, September 3, 1998 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, O Starr wrote:

He is a fairly well known professional body builder who has
undoubtedly died due to complications caused by steriod use.
He isn't the first. He won't be the last. You'd probably
recognize him. Check out this picture...

http://www.bodybuilder.org/gallery/f...e/leffle02.jpg

Lenny

his death was somewhat steroid/BB related. He was injecting synthol and it he got a vein, the synthol traveled to his brain/heart/lungs which was fatal.

I wasn't going to post on this thread, but I'm not going to sit by and let a
bunch of assholes (or at least one ASSHOLE) trash someone needlessly.

Curtis was not an IFBB Pro, but he was a top level national amateur competitor.

He was also a well known strongman competitor, but beyond this, Curtis was
truly a nice guy. A gentle giant if you will.

I understand that Curtis' body is currently being autopsied, but it is thought
that he died, NOT OF ANYTHING RELATED TO STEROIDS, but do to a blood clot that
formed when he ruptured a vein in his leg, moving either to his brain or heart.

It is both totally inconsiderate, and insolently speculative to use the death
of someone to promote your anti-steroid rhetoric.

Doubtless some of the Holier Than Thou magazines and posters to this board will
take this opportunity to use this tragedy to make their anti-steroid position
seem more valid.

The fact is, people die all the time, those that use steroids and those that
don't. To assume that Curtis, or anyone, died due to steroids, and make such a
statement without even the most cursory verification is both wrong and
slanderous.

Curtis was a friend. I won't sit back and let some online moron like you trash
his name.

Since I can tell from your post that you don't have any knowledge of Curtis,
why don't you shut your ignorant ****ing trap before someone shuts it for
you???

As I was writing this, Curtis' brother, Chriss called me to fill me in.

Curtis died of natural causes related to a problem that runs in his family
(cardiac related).

NOT STEROIDS YOU DUMB ASS ****!!!

Curtis was regarded by friends and competitors alike as a gentle giant, and I
will always be in awe of his size, strength and gentle demeanor.

Many people don't know that Curtis had a son, Curtis Leffler Junior.

His son was one of the most important things in his life.

If you'd like to send a donation or a condolence card, please send it to:

Curtis Leffler Junior
PO Box 700357
Kapolei, HI 96709

Oliver

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but
they've always worked for me. -- Hunter S. Thompson

hey curtis VinCe Weights 13 June 7th 07 09:35 PM
dead 2. Vivian Wheeler Running 4 May 26th 07 05:48 PM
TBR - is he DEAD? David Weights 2 May 16th 06 08:34 PM
Hey Steve! (Curtis) Too bad you can't apply for this job... Martin W. Smith Swimming 6 January 18th 05 12:40 PM
'This one's faking he's dead' - 'He's dead now' Paul Cassel Weights 116 November 24th 04 05:14 AM