Bulls in fields

Old July 16th 03, 12:29 AM
RJ Webb

Default Bulls in fields

Being a Hereford it probably wanted its head scratched behind its ears
rather than "to have a go". That's what I've done regularly to bulls of
this often very friendly breed :-)

Still dont trust them.. Best if your Hereford has horns, the polling
breeding introduced some agression. Also some of those friendly
herefords may have been spoiled by idiots like my old man, who had a
nasty habit of inflicting pet bulls on the world. I was always worried
that they might just want to play!

We used to have one who would chase folk from a long distance for that
scratch behind the ear - they do love that. Glad to see more
Herefords back in circulation.

Richard Webb
Old July 16th 03, 07:51 PM
RJ Webb

One I knew years ago would tolerate children riding on its back!

Don't do this at home, children :-)

No, go outside and do it!

Sounds like a Hereford.

Richard Webb

Old August 6th 03, 06:15 PM
Irish Murdoch

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 15:50:47 +0100, Hywel & Ros wrote

I'd be very suprised if there are 3 bulls in a field together. Bull calves,
or bullocks maybe, but not adult bulls. Without wanting to be patronising,
are you sure they were bulls and do you appreciate the difference ?

Prepare to be surprised. Big willies. No udders. Bulls. Three of them. Not
bullocks (though six ******** in total). One field.

Best,

Irish

Old August 7th 03, 11:59 PM
Paul Simonite

The message t
from Irish Murdoch contains these words:

No udders. Bulls.

Hate to be pedantic but bulls *DO* have udders. They have the four tits
but they never develop into more than small nipples. Can be confusing
when trying to determine the sex of a very young calf.

Two or more bulls in the same field wil intially fight for dominance but
when the pecking order is properly sorted out they co-exist - after a
fashion.

--
Cheers,
Compo

Old August 11th 03, 11:25 PM
see @end.of.message

You can get helmets for tups which act the opposite to blinkers on
horses; ie They stop them seeing straight ahead and getting a long
run up for the charge and collision.

Robert

The message
from (RJ Webb) contains these words:

For real violence - stick some tups that are strangers together at
this time of year. Results can often be fatal.

Richard Webb

Saw this in Orkney. My neighbour put a Suffolk tup and a Shetland tup
together. The tiny Shetland badly injured the huge Suffolk - it also
managed to break the shepherd's leg!

--
Cheers,
Compo

Old March 12th 17, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Adam Lea[_2_]

On 13/07/2003 17:34, Five Cats wrote:
In article , Gordon
writes
Five Cats wrote

It is also far from unknown for them to put rings in the nose of a cow
or two, just to scare the punters!

Seen that too in the Dales. The thing was staring at us, and held us up
for a few minutes until my companion said "It's got tits"!

M***** again? ;-)

But seriously, cows with calves can be *very* dangerous especially if
there is a dog about.

I had a less than pleasant encounter with a herd of cows on a guided
walk. We were crossing a field and there were about 20 cows in the
corner of the field. Sods law dictated that this was the corner where
the footpath led to exit the field. Initially the cows just looked at
us, but then became increasingly agitated. They had calves, and one of
the group had a dog, so I'm guessing that set them off charging towards
us. Half of us ran back the way we had come, half of us headed in a
perpendicular direction (thankfully downhill), the cows did likewise. We
just got to a gate in time and into the next field before the cows
reached the gate and could go not further. They were making a right
noise. After someone managed to contact the group leader and found out
where everyone else was, I worked out where we were on my OS map, where
the rest of the group were, and led us off-piste through a woodland
alongside a stream which brought us onto a country lane where the rest
of the group were.