A Fitness & exercise forum. FitnessBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » FitnessBanter.com forum » Fitness & Exercise » General
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Advice on starting exercise

Old July 27th 15, 10:05 AM

First recorded activity by FitnessBanter: Jul 2015
Default Advice on starting exercise

Hi,

Im trying to find a form of exercise that will work for me and wondered if I can get some general advice and suggestions?

Im significantly overweight and very unfit in fact I have always avoided sport in pretty much every form but I know I need to do something to lose weight as Im now over 21 stone. I usually eat fairly healthily (lots of vegetables, lean meat, whole grains and un-processed/high quality food) and its easy enough for me to control my diet, but this really only maintains my weight. As soon as I do let my diet slip, I put weight on and then never lose it. I work from home as a web developer, so am completely sedentary, and I know that just a small amount of exercise will make a big difference, but Im struggling to find anything that I stick to.

To add some more stumbling blocks, weve just had our first child, so it feels like all of my time is taken up just looking after him, let alone sleeping, eating and running a business! On top of this I feel really self-conscious about exercising in public/joining a class/gym etc

I know there are no easy fixes, but I thought Id ask for any suggestions of something I can do that will get the weight off, get me fit and be sustainable.
All ideas/thoughts are welcome!

Thanks,

Owen.
Old April 14th 17, 07:14 AM

First recorded activity by FitnessBanter: Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo1208 View Post
Hi,

I’m trying to find a form of exercise that will work for me and wondered if I can get some general advice and suggestions?

I’m significantly overweight and very unfit – in fact I have https://www.scottmcadams.org/bathmate-review-results/ always used the Bathmate avoided sport in pretty much every form – but I know I need to do something to lose weight as I’m now over 21 stone. I usually eat fairly healthily (lots of vegetables, lean meat, whole grains and un-processed/high quality food) and it’s easy enough for me to control my diet.
I hear the beachbody programs are pretty good.

Last edited by Reno : October 26th 17 at 09:25 AM.
Old November 22nd 17, 10:24 AM

First recorded activity by FitnessBanter: Nov 2017

Make it become your hobby and your daily habit. In first 3 days, you have to do in the right way as your plan, you will feel harder in next days. You must keep in your mind about the good result if you do exercise completely.

I think this way will help you more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo1208 View Post
Hi,

Im trying to find a form of exercise that will work for me and wondered if I can get some general advice and suggestions?

Im significantly overweight and very unfit in fact I have always avoided sport in pretty much every form but I know I need to do something to lose weight as Im now over 21 stone. I usually eat fairly healthily (lots of vegetables, lean meat, whole grains and un-processed/high quality food) and its easy enough for me to control my diet, but this really only maintains my weight. As soon as I do let my diet slip, I put weight on and then never lose it. I work from home as a web developer, so am completely sedentary, and I know that just a small amount of exercise will make a big difference, but Im struggling to find anything that I stick to.

To add some more stumbling blocks, weve just had our first child, so it feels like all of my time is taken up just looking after him, let alone sleeping, eating and running a business! On top of this I feel really self-conscious about exercising in public/joining a class/gym etc

I know there are no easy fixes, but I thought Id ask for any suggestions of something I can do that will get the weight off, get me fit and be sustainable.
All ideas/thoughts are welcome!

Thanks,

Owen.
www.carfromjapan.com