Very lightweight but comfortable folding chair?

Old June 1st 06, 01:53 AM posted to uk.rec.walking

Default Very lightweight but comfortable folding chair?

said...
In Article ,Al D
wrote:

Can anyone suggest a *very lightweight* but comfortable folding chair?
I'm looking for something that weights only 2kg at most. 1 kg would be
better. The chair needs to be reasonably comfortable. Seat needs to be
off the ground. Must have a backrest. I need it for backpacking
trips.

I tried something like this at the outdoors show a couple of years ago and
it was surprisingly comfy. Meets your weight limit, but doesn't come with
any legs so does generally go on the ground, but could be used on a rock or
bench, or so the blurb says.
http://tinyurl.com/r5x4a

T-rest chair is a lot lighter than that and will take a self-inflating
cushion as a seat - but the OP has already dismissed that idea because
he wants his chair to have legs.

--
To reply see 'from' in headers; lose the domain, and insert dots and @
where common sense dictates.
Old June 1st 06, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.walking

On Wed, 31 May 2006 22:33:22 GMT, Kevin Andreoli
wrote:

I agree with trying a tack shop.

Yes; good idea. (I missed that suggestion from Rob earlier, so thanks
for pointing it out!) We have a tackle shop locally, so I'll look
there.

I think what I need is something like:
http://www.shakespeare-fishing.co.uk...rniture/0/813/
....but made of aluminium, not steel. I think the above one is steel,
unfortunately.

Al D

Old June 1st 06, 10:31 AM posted to uk.rec.walking

Al D wrote:
I think what I need is something like:
http://www.shakespeare-fishing.co.uk...rniture/0/813/
...but made of aluminium, not steel. I think the above one is steel,
unfortunately.

Try these: http://www.fishingmegastore.com/acat...ge_Chairs.html

No weights given but you can maybe pursue specs from other sites if you
see one you like.

Colin

Old June 1st 06, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.walking

Colin MacDonald wrote:
Al D wrote:
I think what I need is something like:
http://www.shakespeare-fishing.co.uk...rniture/0/813/
...but made of aluminium, not steel. I think the above one is steel,
unfortunately.

Try these: http://www.fishingmegastore.com/acat...ge_Chairs.html

No weights given but you can maybe pursue specs from other sites if you
see one you like.

Colin

More info: according to
http://www.factory2u.co.uk/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=122 the weight is 5Kg
_but_ that's for a set of 2.

Colin

Old June 1st 06, 01:05 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

On 1 Jun 2006 02:31:04 -0700, "Colin MacDonald"
wrote:

Try these: http://www.fishingmegastore.com/acat...ge_Chairs.html

No weights given but you can maybe pursue specs from other sites if you
see one you like.

Colin

Hi Colin, Thanks for the lead. I was not aware of those Fox brand
chairs. They look attractive; unfortunately all seem to be about
double the weight I need for my back-packing trips.

Al D

Old June 4th 06, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

Al D wrote:
Can anyone suggest a *very lightweight* but comfortable folding chair?
I'm looking for something that weights only 2kg at most. 1 kg would be
better. The chair needs to be reasonably comfortable. Seat needs to be
off the ground. Must have a backrest. I need it for backpacking
trips.

Don't Ikea do those fluorescent inflatable armchairs any more?
--
Rudi Winter, Aberystwyth, Wales
=== PhD studentship available: NMR & synchrotron x-ray scattering ===
Old June 5th 06, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

On Sun, 4 Jun 2006 22:08:50 +0000 (UTC), (Rudi
Winter) wrote:

Don't Ikea do those fluorescent inflatable armchairs any more?

Thanks for the suggestion. I used to have a couple of them.
Interesting option, except that, in my case, I often need to sit on
thorny ground with thistles etc. They took an awful long time to
inflate too....

Al D

Old June 5th 06, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

On 1 Jun 2006 02:36:06 -0700, "Colin MacDonald"
wrote:

More info: according to
http://www.factory2u.co.uk/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=122 the weight is 5Kg
_but_ that's for a set of 2.

Thanks, Colin, but I am certain that that is an error; I'm fairly
familiar with that type of chair and 5kg *per chair* (not per pair) is
typical - especially when they have a "heavy duty steel frame" as that
particular model is, according to the spec. If it had said
"Ultra-light aluminium frame", 2.5kg per chair might have been just
about believable - but even then, not quite.

Al D

... chair? Twittering One Running 4 March 12th 05 05:29 PM
need advice on lightweight winter jacket curious Running 7 November 3rd 04 01:40 AM
Lightweight Sacs Stuart Robinson Walking in the UK 57 February 25th 04 10:36 PM
The chair experiment from the Think Muscle Newsletter Mistress Krista Weights 29 August 27th 03 02:22 AM