Muscle tenderness

Old September 3rd 03, 03:48 AM
Owen Lowe

Default Muscle tenderness

Hi all - began a bit of weight training a week or so ago. I'm doing an
XOXOXOO schedule. Some areas of my body are a little tender today (after
working out yesterday). Nothing painful or debilitating, it's just a
slight "gotcha" when I move certain ways - a reminder that I lifted
yesterday.

Is this OK (as in desirable), or is it a sign of improper training?
Old September 3rd 03, 05:40 AM
Donovan Rebbechi

In article , Owen Lowe wrote:
Hi all - began a bit of weight training a week or so ago. I'm doing an
XOXOXOO schedule. Some areas of my body are a little tender today (after
working out yesterday). Nothing painful or debilitating, it's just a
slight "gotcha" when I move certain ways - a reminder that I lifted
yesterday.

Is this OK (as in desirable), or is it a sign of improper training?

If it's just a dull soreness (which you appear to be describing), it's
probably just DOMs -- normal and OK.

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/
Old September 3rd 03, 09:18 AM
John HUDSON

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 18:48:35 -0700, Owen Lowe
wrote:

Hi all - began a bit of weight training a week or so ago. I'm doing an
XOXOXOO schedule. Some areas of my body are a little tender today (after
working out yesterday). Nothing painful or debilitating, it's just a
slight "gotcha" when I move certain ways - a reminder that I lifted
yesterday.

Is this OK (as in desirable), or is it a sign of improper training?

Have a look at this Owen, it will explain what is happening, which is
quite normal and not anything to be concerned about:

http://www.physsportsmed.com/issues/..._99/muscle.htm

I hope that helps. ;o)

Old September 3rd 03, 05:46 PM
Owen Lowe

In article ,
John HUDSON wrote:

Have a look at this Owen, it will explain what is happening, which is
quite normal and not anything to be concerned about:

http://www.physsportsmed.com/issues/..._99/muscle.htm

I hope that helps. ;o)

It does help, thank you John.