I'm famous :)

Old December 26th 11, 09:27 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Existential Angst[_2_]

Default Real exercise..... I'm famous :)

Oh yeah, Ross Enamait may be the real fitness deal, but his music is worse
than that of most gyms.... goodgawd.... turn down the sound.
--
EA

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
"Jason Earl" wrote in message
On Wed, Dec 21 2011, Steve Freides wrote:

Shameless self-promotion:

DragonDoor has a TV "channel" - if you look here at the current
episode, Christmas, 2011, you'll find a short interview with me
beginning at about the 5:50 mark. It's about a minute long.

Congratulations on the interview. I think you might want to reconsider
the beard though.

Finally saw the vid.... goodgawd....
I'd think someone would want to reconsider that whole dragondoor
affiliation.....
What a mind**** that place is, what a mind**** the method is -- an artful
mind****, tho.

And Friedes' disingenuous and misleading insinuation that DD, kettlebells
fixed his back is like Jim Janney doing pistols to fix his hip....
semi-absurd. But that's another story. No offense, Jim.... LOL

Fergodsake, a simple dumbbell hurl accomplishes ORDERS of magnitude more
than those ridiculous dopey kb swings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9hk9z1YVcE ross training.

Watch the dumbbell hurl at 1:05.
There's actually DOZENS of different ways to do this, to variously
emphasize the knees, hips, back, arms, shoulder, tri's, whatever.

But when all is said and done, any way you choose to get that weight
overhead, you've worked 90% of the body -- FAR more than those dopey dopey
dopey kb swings. AND have burned boucou calories.

NOW, if you ARE going to swing a weight, look at 3:07. DATS how you
swing a weight, for full benefit.

The whole vid is a worthwhile view, and he has more. Ross Enamait is the
real fitness deal. Trains boxers.

Few people can do what Ross does intensity-wise, but EVERYONE can do a
version of what Ross does.
In his clapping pushups, note that he is doing TRIPLE claps.... you may
miss it. I think in another of his vids he shows it in slow motion.....
effing wild...

That dumbbell hurl at 1:05, in any/all of its incarnations, is one of THE
single best exercises on the planet -- in a small group of about 5 -- heh,
with my "proprietary calisthenics" occupying one or two slots in that top
5. LOL

I do these hurls a little differently than Ross, with more variations, but
no matter how you do them, they are ossum.

I've corresponded with Ross, re one of his articles on kb's, and he has
chosen to remain neutral/diplomatic on the issue, so as to "keep the
peace" in the fitness community. He basically says, if you like kb's use
them, but he himself, as you can see, feels no need to use them.

Cuz, well, dbs are ultimately far more practical and effective.
But, I'll bet if I took Ross to a bar for some beers, he'd fess up to his
"real opinion": that kb's are just another fitness scam.

Not that they themselves are invalid -- after all, a weight is weight --
but that their real purpose is simply market share/revenue generation from
another incarnation of "innovative marketing" -- where innovative
marketing is simply the marketing pundit's coinage for "revenue generating
mind****".
--
EA

Jason

Old December 27th 11, 08:58 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Existential Angst[_2_]

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 03:27:34 -0500, Existential Angst wrote:

Oh yeah, Ross Enamait may be the real fitness deal, but his music is worse
than that of most gyms.... goodgawd.... turn down the sound.
--
EA

No matter i'll blow his ballz off in a hartbeat!

--
EA
Old December 28th 11, 11:04 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights

Default I'm famous :)

"Steve Freides" wrote in message
Jason Earl wrote:
On Wed, Dec 21 2011, Steve Freides wrote:

Shameless self-promotion:

DragonDoor has a TV "channel" - if you look here at the current
episode, Christmas, 2011, you'll find a short interview with me
beginning at about the 5:50 mark. It's about a minute long.

Congratulations on the interview. I think you might want to
reconsider the beard though.

Jason

My wife says she likes the way I look better with the beard - need I say
more?

My advice is to shave your beard . . . and then tell your wife to ****
herself.

-S-