"Why do you run?"

Old June 27th 10, 08:47 PM posted to rec.running
Michelle

Default "Why do you run?"

I popped into the Live Journal Runners community today after a month or two
absence, and came across a post asking, "Why do you run?" *Here's what I
answered:

Frankly, I don't know why I run, other than I enjoy it, even when I don't.
Yeah, it's good for my health; it helps me control my blood pressure, blood
sugar, and cholesterol, but even though that might be why I started to run,
it's not why I continue to run.

I do get a feeling of accomplishment out of it; my history is made up of me
giving up on things that came easy because they were too easy, and giving
up on things that were too hard because I got discouraged. *Somehow, with
running, it's different. *Sure, I'm slow and a back of the pack runner, and
I've improved over the four years that I've been running. *But I suspect
that any further improvements may be harder to achieve; that's not going to
stop me from trying, though.

And even if I've peaked, I still enjoy it, and it will always be a
challenge.

-- Michelle

--
26.2 Because I can
Old June 27th 10, 09:13 PM posted to rec.running
rms[_2_]

I popped into the Live Journal Runners community today after a month or
two
absence, and came across a post asking, "Why do you run?"

Is there a post demanding, "What are you running from!"

rms

Old June 27th 10, 09:33 PM posted to rec.running
Michelle

In article ,
"rms" wrote:

I popped into the Live Journal Runners community today after a month
or two absence, and came across a post asking, "Why do you run?"

Is there a post demanding, "What are you running from!"

Not yet. Nor "Who are you running from?" Nor even the pedantic "From whom
are you running?"

--
26.2 Because I can
Old June 30th 10, 03:16 PM posted to rec.running
Michelle

In article
,
John Hurley wrote:

Billyboy:

# How about running to the barber shop, and getting your mullett
trimmed?

Please use some discretion posting here. If you have issues with
people that make alternate choices or just issues in general ... going
out and running 10 miles might be a better choice.

Thanks. Please don't forget that this person is "TBR All American Hero",
and whose only purpose here is to be a troll. It's best to kill file him.
I did, but when I saw your reply to him, I dug up the message to which you
replied.

--
26.2 Because I can