Underwater Kettlebell Drills

Old December 11th 11, 07:06 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
ATP

Default Underwater Kettlebell Drills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Jrm...eature=related

Kettlebell Drills for Kiteboarding and other exercises:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Watermanfit

Interesting channel with some nice backdrops for the drills.

Old December 11th 11, 08:33 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Existential Angst[_2_]

"ATP" wrote in message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Jrm...eature=related

Kettlebell Drills for Kiteboarding and other exercises:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Watermanfit

Interesting channel with some nice backdrops for the drills.

Do you think dumbbells would work underwater??

Mebbe Stevie should do, like, a study or sumpn....
I hope he doesn't demonstrate bias....

Mebbe itsa safety issue: kb's are stable in water, db's will explode?
Holy ****, this may be much more involved than I thought!

Ergo: DO NOT try any underwater **** with db's, until you are ABSOLUTELY
SURE it is safe!!!

Hmmm..... ahm thinkin.... since kb's are obviously so much more effective
than db's, mebbe db's FLOAT in water, rendering them useless?

Oh, oh, I think I got it, I got it!!

Normally, db's will in fact sink in water -- density'n'****....
BUT, when you try and use db's as kb's in water, THEN they float!!
This is due, I think, to a powerful omnipresent force, from the omniscient
Pavel, called the Pavel Effect.

Basically, Pavel placed a curse on all fitness-related iron NOT in the shape
of a kettlebell -- and slightly less of a curse on all kb's NOT sold through
DragonDoor.

Wow, itsa dangerous world out there.... use db's at yer own risk.....
--
EA

Old December 11th 11, 08:43 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Steve Freides[_2_]

ATP wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Jrm...eature=related

We still use treading water while holding a 10 lb. rubber-covered brick
as part of lifeguard training.

The rest of those are, I guess, good for getting over your fear of being
underwater. I'm sure doing the lifts underwater is different but I'm
not sure it's particularly more or less productive - if anyone has any
insights on that I'd love to hear them.

Kettlebell Drills for Kiteboarding and other exercises:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Watermanfit

Interesting channel with some nice backdrops for the drills.

Pretty standard kettlebell stuff there, all good, IMHO. I first saw
some of those drills in the original Russian Kettlebell Challenge book
and video which I got in 2001 - they were good then and they're still
good now.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Old December 11th 11, 10:34 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
ATP

"Steve Freides" wrote in message
ATP wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Jrm...eature=related

We still use treading water while holding a 10 lb. rubber-covered brick as
part of lifeguard training.

The rest of those are, I guess, good for getting over your fear of being
underwater. I'm sure doing the lifts underwater is different but I'm not
sure it's particularly more or less productive - if anyone has any
insights on that I'd love to hear them.

I think that's the idea, and to get someone used to doing something
underwater in case they got pulled under water and trapped by their lines.

Old December 12th 11, 09:31 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Steve Freides[_2_]

ATP wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Jrm...eature=related

We still use treading water while holding a 10 lb. rubber-covered
brick as part of lifeguard training.

The rest of those are, I guess, good for getting over your fear of
being underwater. I'm sure doing the lifts underwater is different
but I'm not sure it's particularly more or less productive - if
anyone has any insights on that I'd love to hear them.

I think that's the idea, and to get someone used to doing something
underwater in case they got pulled under water and trapped by their
lines.

In the lifeguard class, we'd practice having the victim grab the
lifeguard trying to rescue them and not let go. The solution was for
the lifeguard to follow the strategy we taught them, which was to get
free (we taught them how to do this as well) and push the victim away -
and try to get the victim to calm down before reapproaching. We
actually never got into this sort of thing, but I can see how it could
be very useful.

Hypoxic training - swimming laps under water - is about the same sort of
thing but there's much less stress.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Old December 13th 11, 10:10 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Existential Angst[_2_]

"Little Luke" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 14:33:28 -0500, Existential Angst wrote:

Do you think dumbbells would work underwater??

Can you swim? Yes? There's your answer.

****head.

No, I don't think it's so simple.
I think a study should be commissioned, to see if dumbbells can actually be
used underwater, with the same safety and efficacy as kettlebells.

It took about 2 g-d years to get it into the thick skulls of these
fuknKettleCultHeads around here, that there is absolutely NOTHING that you
can do with a kb that can't do with a db, as well, or BETTER. Heh, and
cheaper, and more conveniently.

And ackshooly, Steve Friedes -- and 99% of the DragonDoor stooges -- STILL
don't understand the concept!!!!

BUT, variables being variables, all that could change underwater!!!!!

So, we need a study.
And proly more than one study, cuz I'm sure there is going to be some fukn
asshole out there who will find that dumbbells DO explode under water,
requiring 10 other fukn studies to refute that -- and other sillinesses.

Proly could get gummint funding for this....
--
EA

Old December 24th 11, 01:42 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Existential Angst[_2_]

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 16:10:47 -0500, Existential Angst wrote:
"Little Luke" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 14:33:28 -0500, Existential Angst wrote:

Do you think dumbbells would work underwater??

Can you swim? Yes? There's your answer.

****head.

No, I don't think it's so simple.

No, that simple - It's over your dumbbell head, now there's a fukking
surprise.

Mommy, mommy, I'm getting so much stronger from my 20# kettlebells, than I
did from my 20# dumbbells.... woweee, Mommy..............