Training week ending June 27 2010

Old June 30th 10, 10:21 PM posted to rec.running
I2Run

Default Training week ending June 27 2010

Pendejo wrote:
| (I2, remind us - do you normally bounce back this
|quick from a road marathon too? You've run them at different efforts,
|some as training runs... your experiences with recovery vs. pace?)

All HMs and full when I don't do them as *training run* take me
couple of days. Means, I can go 5 to 8 miles at easy pace about
48 hours after those efforts. I was feeling just about the same after
the 50K after 48 hours as the above, so I went for a test, an slow 5,
but ended up 8.3 mi at my usual training pace as it was comfortable.
(My aches and pains were significantly more for the 50K that they
were all out HMs and had marathon efforts and the reason I thought
it might take me a few more than my usual fast recovery)

Your take on *usual recovery time* in addition to pithydoug's
analysis might also need to be considered?