Best recumbent exercise bikes for the home user who wants to replicate a gym experience?

Old November 24th 03, 11:34 PM
Zippy the Pinhead

Default Best recumbent exercise bikes for the home user who wants to replicate a gym experience?

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 08:59:39 -0500, Rick Onanian
wrote:

Why would a person spend hours upon hours on a $2000 exercise rig?

Only wet clothes are supposed to do that.

Funny.

But I'll tell you why I spend hours on a $600 one. It's my job. When
I go home, I'm "on call". I used to be allowed 20 minutes to get back
if I got called. Now some new "standards" have been inflicted on us,
and if I'm more than two minutes away from my car, I won't make it
back in time to meet the "standards".

I spend half of my life in this condition of readiness. So outdoor
rides are pretty much out.

Old November 25th 03, 05:20 PM
[email protected]

In rec.bicycles.misc Zippy the Pinhead wrote:
: But I'll tell you why I spend hours on a $600 one. It's my job. When
: I go home, I'm "on call". I used to be allowed 20 minutes to get back
: if I got called. Now some new "standards" have been inflicted on us,
: and if I'm more than two minutes away from my car, I won't make it
: back in time to meet the "standards".

You could ride circles around the place to be back, I hope?

--
Risto Varanka | http://www.helsinki.fi/~rvaranka/hpv/hpv.html
varis at no spam please iki fi