Polar heart rate monitor battery life of transmitter

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 7th 04, 11:26 PM
Joe

Default Polar heart rate monitor battery life of transmitter

I consider that Polar (or at least their UK agent Leisure Systems
International) are not very open about the battery life of the sealed
transmitter unit. After just 2.5 years they recommended that I spent
34 pounds on replacing the battery in the watch part AND obtaining a
new sealed transmitter (battery cannot be replaced by them). When
new, the watch and transmitter cost about 45 pounds, so I think
battery replacement is poor value for money. They did not seem
surprised or interested that the transmitter had a weak battery after
2.5 years. This is something that the sales literature does not tell
you! I will not be buying another monitor from Polar.

I think they should be more open about the battery life of the
transmitter and/or offer a cheaper deal if it fails within say 5 years
of purchase. I have no objection to paying the 12 pounds to replace
the battery in the watch part - but the high and hidden cost of
dealing with the transmitter is ridiculous and must generate a lot of
cash for them.

My HRM heart rate monitor is a Polar fi****ch with a transmitter known
as a T31.