spin bike

Old October 1st 04, 01:25 PM
Douglas Guignet

Default spin bike

I'm looking to buy a spin bike for the home. Any suggestions on models and
the best place to buy one? I've ridden Johnny Gs in the past.

Thanks
Doug

Old October 2nd 04, 11:25 PM
Fx199

WHy not get a real bike and some rollers instead?
much less boring.
Old October 3rd 04, 12:22 AM
Douglas Guignet

thanx..
I have a real bike, real rollers.. I've raced bikes for many years..
no, I'm looking for the benefit of some indoor winter training..and rollers
don't even come close to spinning...

but thanks for the advice.

Old October 4th 04, 03:09 PM
Douglas Guignet

Rollers are OK if you want to work on a smooth spin.. But a few years ago I
took spin classes with a pro road cyclist.. It was nothing like you see with
these health clubs.. We'd actually do "races" where he'd tell us we were
coming up to an upgrade and to increase pressure for so many minutes, then
for a climb, we'd get out of the saddle and try to maintain a certain
cadence.. That sort of thing..

I love rollers also, but you don't get the resistance that is more realistic
of a road bike. A spin bike, with the flywheel really gives a good workout..

Subject: spin bike
From: "Douglas Guignet"
Date: 10/2/2004 6:22 PM US Eastern Standard Time

"Fx199" wrote in message
WHy not get a real bike and some rollers instead?
much less boring.

Interesting, can you elaborate?
I thought rollers were great for training for real bike riding.
Thanks Douglas.

From: "Douglas Guignet"
Date: 10/2/2004 6:22 PM US Eastern Standard Time

"Fx199" wrote in message
WHy not get a real bike and some rollers instead?
much less boring.

Interesting, can you elaborate?
I thought rollers were great for training for real bike riding.
Thanks Douglas.

Douglas, here's a web site.

www.plhb.com

http://forums.plhb.com/

here's another

http://pedal-on.com/
(have to register)

It is a site(s) for spinning instructors and students.
Many of them came from the old spinning.com site.
Now there are other bikes, I heard the Lemond revmaser is pretty good.
Glad you like to spin, (your class must have had good people in it too)I
thought a lot of the resistance gets overcome by catching up with the flywheel,
but you sound like a higher levelrider than me. I'm just starting rollers.
I have the headwind unit whcih adds a 10 mph headwind or more depending on how
you adjust it. Read the forums or search them on the bikes, should some good
opinions there.