Exercise/weight

Old October 6th 04, 10:40 PM
Don

Default Exercise/weight

I have just started exercising again. This happens to me all the time.
I was my skinnyest when I dont exercise. When I exercise I start
gaining. Especially around my stomach. I am not fat but afraid of
getting there. I walk on a treadmill 5 days a week and lift weight
lightly 5 days week.

I am wondering if burning more calories puts a person in "starvation
mode" and the body starts converting things to fat? I hate to give up
exercising.

I have been following a high protein/low carbohydrate diet for awhile
now and it has worked good for me untill I started exercising again.
Old October 6th 04, 11:27 PM
Mack McKinnon

If you are getting fat, then you are A. eating the wrong foods and/or B.
eating too much. It is no more complicated than that. Your exercising uses
calories. It cannot put more fat on you than not exercising, if you do not
take in more calories; that is impossible in this universe.

Nothing is happening TO you. This is something you, yourself are doing.
Namely, eating.

While a low carb, high protein diet will take off the weight for the short
term, it is a poor long-term solution. I suggest you modify that a bit so
that you eat plenty of low-glycemic carbs, such as fruits and vegetables and
limit your quantities. The book "Sugar Busters" might be a good one for
you.

mack
austin

om...

Old October 7th 04, 02:51 AM
frank-in-toronto

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 21:27:39 GMT, "Mack McKinnon"
wrote:

If you are getting fat, then you are A. eating the wrong foods and/or B.
eating too much. It is no more complicated than that.

it's even simpler. just B
....thehick
Old October 7th 04, 04:25 PM
Mack McKinnon

wrote:

If you are getting fat, then you are A. eating the wrong foods and/or B.
eating too much. It is no more complicated than that.

it's even simpler. just B
...thehick

That's true if by "eating too much" we mean taking in too many calories.
But if we mean volume of food, then we may eat more food which is less
calorie-dense while taking in fewer calories. Also, we have to keep in mind
the nutritional density of foods which is the difference between CRON and
starvation.

mack
austin