Velo Safe Travel Case

Old September 3rd 04, 04:55 PM
James

Default Velo Safe Travel Case

I'm thinking of getting a Velo Safe for a triathlon this fall. I have
a large road bike (61). Anyone have experience stuffing a large bike
in one of those cases. Do they fit? Will I need to remove the
fork/derailler? Also anyone used the velo safe II. I'd love to take
my road bike as well as my mountain bike (both large).

Thanks in advance!
Old December 31st 04, 06:15 PM
JT

James wrote:
I'm thinking of getting a Velo Safe for a triathlon this fall. I

have
a large road bike (61). Anyone have experience stuffing a large bike
in one of those cases. Do they fit? Will I need to remove the
fork/derailler? Also anyone used the velo safe II. I'd love to take
my road bike as well as my mountain bike (both large).

Thanks in advance!

Just wanted to update for anyone who is interested... I got the Velo
Safe and the large bike fits just fine. It is a really solid case that
works well. The only thing that happened is that the velcro that locks
the handles shut got rubbed in half sometime on the plane. Also the
metal that sticks out for the lock got bent a bit and will probably
break soon. I'm not too worried about it though, because the case
itself is really solid and my bike is in one piece! Recommended, yes.
JT