Fat Discrimination: How I Fought Back

Old July 8th 03, 06:32 AM
Henry Cotter

Default Fat Discrimination: How I Fought Back

[email protected]
(NR) wrote:

One mistake that I used to make when I was
fat was not exercising. I would be that "skinny
fat person" after losing weight.

Hell, there are many *natural skinny* folks out there who have crappy
body fat %'s and can't do ****. They're just as lazy as the morbidly
obese are but have been blessed with high metabolisms. Part of it is
caloric intake, but another major factor in maintianing or losing weight
is what your metabolism is like (simple biochemistry). Exercise
increases it.

I would eventually gain all the weight back
plus some. Through exercise and moderate
eating, I have maintained my weight loss for
over 15 years.

That's great. The key is to try to think of it as a *way of life.*
I've just started it, but I have to remember that fact every day.

I've learned a lot about weight loss the last three months. I think
much of it comes from the amount of self-discovery I've had when
exercising and controlling both the portions and content of what I eat.

That's why folks that take time to lose weight without the pills,
powders, or liquid crash diets usually do worse in maintanence than
those who alter their way of eating. Like going low-carb or Weight
Watchers, which have *solid* maintanence plans and "diets" which fit
into the *real world.* Losing weight that sort of way provides tons of
opportunity to learn what to do and what not to do.

There is no easy way to achieve long term
success weight loss success.

Indeed. If it was easy, there wouldn't be an overweight person on the
planet. It's not easy and some people will have a harder time than
others (I'm rather fortunate in being a young male under the age of 25,
a group which tends to drop weight faster than many other types of
people). This fact does not, however, give anyone cart blanche to gorge
themselves on frozen pizzas and Coca-Cola while laying on the couch all
day.

--
Henry Cotter

Old July 8th 03, 06:32 AM
Henry Cotter

[email protected]
(NR) wrote:

[...]

Depression and getting back into shape Healthy Stealthy ; Walking 4 June 15th 04 02:12 AM
Upper abs, lower abs, and the back Isiafs5 Aerobic 8 March 8th 04 11:21 AM
exercises for back Proctologically Violated©® Aerobic 1 December 15th 03 02:54 PM
getting back into shape sixx Walking 7 August 6th 03 05:14 PM
How to conquer back pain at home by yourself... Scott Carrell Walking 0 June 30th 03 08:25 PM