To Micheal

Old August 27th 08, 01:36 AM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Pat[_9_]

Default To Micheal

Did you see the story about the Chinese diver's retinal detachment from
diving? Yikes! In the article, it said that this was a "common" ailment in
the diving community. You might want to rethink that diving class....

Pat in TX

Old August 27th 08, 02:50 AM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Micheal Artindale

"Pat" wrote in message
Did you see the story about the Chinese diver's retinal detachment from
diving? Yikes! In the article, it said that this was a "common" ailment in
the diving community. You might want to rethink that diving class....

Pat in TX

I read it...

I think yikes is a little to quiet to say.

Mind you, in comparison to the others at the club. They dive for 3hrs a day,
3-5 days a week. Me, 1hr a week. I think in 2 weeks they do as much as I did
in the whole year.

.... one other thing

With everything we do, there is a chance of injury.

There was a time when they thought tight clothing made a male impotant. That
meas all of us guys swimming in tight suits, not the baggie shorts are
"shooting blanks"

I'll take the risks and have fun while I can.

Micheal

Old August 27th 08, 04:25 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Pat[_9_]

With everything we do, there is a chance of injury.

There was a time when they thought tight clothing made a male impotant.
That meas all of us guys swimming in tight suits, not the baggie shorts
are "shooting blanks"

I'll take the risks and have fun while I can.

Micheal

For me, the risk to my eyesight is too great. I have hurt my ankle, my
shoulder, my knees, and my wrist---but when it comes to my eyes, I'm a LOT
more careful of risks.

Pat in TX

Old August 27th 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Micheal Artindale

"MW Smith" wrote in message
On Aug 27, 5:25 pm, "Pat" wrote:
With everything we do, there is a chance of injury.

There was a time when they thought tight clothing made a male impotant.
That meas all of us guys swimming in tight suits, not the baggie shorts
are "shooting blanks"

I'll take the risks and have fun while I can.

Micheal

For me, the risk to my eyesight is too great. I have hurt my ankle, my
shoulder, my knees, and my wrist---but when it comes to my eyes, I'm a
LOT
more careful of risks.

I suppose there is quite a difference in the force of impact between
diving from the 1 meter board and diving from the 10 meter platform.

Likely, and I am too chicken to go off the 5m. Eventually, I want to be
comfortable at the 10m.

Micheal

Old August 28th 08, 07:53 AM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Micheal Artindale

"Pat" wrote in message

With everything we do, there is a chance of injury.

There was a time when they thought tight clothing made a male impotant.
That meas all of us guys swimming in tight suits, not the baggie shorts
are "shooting blanks"

I'll take the risks and have fun while I can.

Micheal

For me, the risk to my eyesight is too great. I have hurt my ankle, my
shoulder, my knees, and my wrist---but when it comes to my eyes, I'm a LOT
more careful of risks.

Pat in TX

My eyesight, along with everything else is a concern. The only illeffects I
ever experience is a halo over lights... caused by me not wearing goggles
and going into clorinated water.

Micheal

Old August 28th 08, 07:18 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Pat[_10_]

For me, the risk to my eyesight is too great. I have hurt my ankle, my
shoulder, my knees, and my wrist---but when it comes to my eyes, I'm a
LOT more careful of risks.

Pat in TX

My eyesight, along with everything else is a concern. The only illeffects
I ever experience is a halo over lights... caused by me not wearing
goggles and going into clorinated water.

Micheal

I got hit in the eye by a soccer ball once (in the 25 years that I played
soccer), and it caused a broken blood vessel in my eye. The doc was afraid
my retina might have been detached, but I was lucky that it wasn't. OTOH, if
diving comes with a large number of retinal detachments, that would worry
me. Let me tell you, when you open your eye and see black clouds across your
vision, you get a little scared!

Pat in TX

Old August 28th 08, 08:52 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Micheal Artindale

"MW Smith" wrote in message
On Aug 28, 8:18 pm, "Pat" wrote:
[...]

He won't be diving off the ten meter board.

Eventually i will. Hopefully by the end of the year i will be comfortable
enough to do it.'

Micheal

Old August 28th 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Micheal Artindale

"MW Smith" wrote in message
On Aug 28, 9:52 pm, "Micheal Artindale"
wrote:
"MW Smith" wrote in message

On Aug 28, 8:18 pm, "Pat" wrote:
[...]

How many of these goals have you reached?

The 8k lake swim... no

not yet
The swim across Canada... no

working on it
The swim across one of the Great Lakes... no

not yet
The dive off a 10 meter platform...

It would be better to start with something within reach.

My goal for this year is to dive from the 5m.

Just because I havent done it yet, doesnt mean I wont do it.

Some things, like that swim across Canada, is a way to track my swimming
progress.

Micheal

Old August 29th 08, 02:42 AM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Micheal Artindale

"MW Smith" wrote in message
On Aug 28, 11:09 pm, "Micheal Artindale"
wrote:

My goal for this year is to dive from the 5m.

This could be a new personal best for you.

"Eventually i will. Hopefully by the end of the year i will be
comfortable
enough to do it. "(dive from 10m)

It only took you one message to start back pedalling.

I hope to be able to do alot of things, but being realistic.... I hope to be
comfortable to dive off the 10m board, but I dont know if I will be able to.
I want to go 1 higher than I did last year, which was the 3m. So, using this
one, If I can't get myself to do it this year, within 3 years I should be
doing it.

There are goals and there are dreams.

I know the difference.

I use both to my advantage.

Micheal

Deere Micheal Phleps winnard Swimming 0 August 14th 08 12:58 AM
Something for Micheal Pat[_2_] Swimming 8 January 24th 08 03:56 AM
Subhuman Micheal Vick must go to jail and 5 year ban. Ted Weights 70 September 6th 07 12:13 AM
Long distance and cold water swimming for Micheal A Steph Swimming 1 August 8th 07 08:42 AM
For Micheal: week 2 rtk Swimming 0 January 27th 06 09:24 PM