advice requested: shoe selection

Old June 20th 04, 07:14 AM
Eben Yong

Default advice requested: shoe selection

I wear an 8 wide dress shoe. I have started training for a marathon
and I have been using the asics gel creed shoe, size 8 1/2. I use a
spencer insole and realize that the combination is too tight.

One of the guys at the shoe store suggests I go with a shoe that is a
full size up. Given my gel creed shoe is too tight at 8 1/2, I figure
he may be right. So I have checked around and I would like to try the
gel kayano x size 9, but my question is, should I go with the normal
size or 2e wide size? I don't think I need the 4e wide. I'm asking
because I can get it for cheaper over the internet than locally and
don't want to trouble the shoe store guy for info when I am hoping to
get the shoe for less elsewhere.

Thanks for all advice and please respond to --
thanks!!!
Old June 20th 04, 11:52 PM
.

"Phil M." wrote in message ...
Also, if the shoes are not identical, then you *could* decrease the

chance
of injury caused by repetitive stress.

Phil M.

However by using identical shoes your body can adapt to the constant
forces. I for one need consistency, and any variation causes me
problems.
Old June 23rd 04, 07:50 AM
gentolm

if you can get the e size i would
your feet will swell during the run
this can cause - blisters / numbness / general hurty
i wear kayanos and find them to be great - when size is good
plodzilla