Protein intake, only pushups and situps

Old August 2nd 04, 07:12 PM
Vinh Trinh

Default Protein intake, only pushups and situps

Hello,

I'm trying to gain about 10-15lbs over the next 2 months by just
eating 1gram of protein/lb of bodyweight and doing daily pushups,
situps, and pullups. Is my goal feasible?

- Vinh
Old August 2nd 04, 08:13 PM
Joe Laughlin

Vinh Trinh wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to gain about 10-15lbs over the next 2 months
by just eating 1gram of protein/lb of bodyweight and
doing daily pushups, situps, and pullups. Is my goal
feasible?

- Vinh

Uh, if you're trying to gain muscle, probably not.

But, if you actually lifted weights properly, ate properly, and rested
properly, you could easily gain 5-10 pounds of muscle in that time (newbie
gains).

Old August 2nd 04, 08:16 PM
Joe Laughlin

Ignoramus2586 wrote:
In article
, Vinh
Trinh wrote:
I'm trying to gain about 10-15lbs over the next 2 months
by just eating 1gram of protein/lb of bodyweight and
doing daily pushups, situps, and pullups. Is my goal
feasible?

The easiest way to gain 15 lbs is to eat cakes and ice
cream, watch TV
and do no pushups and situps. I could probably gain 15
lbs in one month.

Just kidding. You probably want to gain 10-15 lbs of
muscle, if so,
this would amount to 125 grams of muscle gained per day.

According to some sources, ``The maximum any human can
gain of pure
lean muscle, providing that diet, training and recovery
are exactly
right, is 3 to 4 ounces a week. This may not sound much,
but it
equates to 1lb a month, or 12lb a year, which is an
immense amount of
lean muscle. Gains like this will give a person 2 to 4
inches of
muscular growth measurements all over the body.
Realistically, it will
take at least 2 years of hard work, with all the right
conditions to
gain a stone of pure lean muscle.''

What source is this? Seems weird to me to put some maximum ceiling on human
growth, with no qualifications.

Old August 2nd 04, 08:53 PM
Lyle McDonald

Joe Laughlin wrote:

Ignoramus2586 wrote:

In article
, Vinh
Trinh wrote:

[...]

Tis merely an average.

But in the first year of training properly/eating right, an average
individual might gain 20-25 lbs of muscle, that's .5 lb/week on average.

Second year, 10 lbs is probably closer to right.

Maybe 5-10 more after that at which point they will be more or less
maxed out without taking drugs.

A woman should cut those values in half.

Lyle

Old August 2nd 04, 10:00 PM
Joe Laughlin

Lyle McDonald wrote:
Joe Laughlin wrote:

Ignoramus2586 wrote:

In article
, Vinh
Trinh wrote:

[...]

That's been my experience for the most part.

Old August 3rd 04, 12:17 AM
Jeff Finlayson

Vinh Trinh wrote:

Hello,
I'm trying to gain about 10-15lbs over the next 2 months by just
eating 1gram of protein/lb of bodyweight and doing daily pushups,
situps, and pullups. Is my goal feasible?
- Vinh

That's only working some upper body muscles. And working them
the same everyday isn't good. Working hard enough would
cause overtraining and training light wouldn't do much.

If you are thin and are a new lifter, gaining 10 lb in
2 months isn't much of a stretch if you'd get serious about
training your Whole body and Eat big.

See link you should go over.
http://www.trygve.com/mfw_faq.html (see parts I and VII)
http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html (for women & men)
http://groups.google.com/groups?&gro...itness.weights

Get with it and good luck.
Old August 3rd 04, 12:36 AM
Joe Laughlin

Jeff Finlayson wrote:
Vinh Trinh wrote:

Hello,
I'm trying to gain about 10-15lbs over the next 2 months
by just eating 1gram of protein/lb of bodyweight and
doing daily pushups, situps, and pullups. Is my goal
feasible? - Vinh

That's only working some upper body muscles. And working
them the same everyday isn't good. Working hard enough
would cause overtraining and training light wouldn't do
much.

If you are thin and are a new lifter, gaining 10 lb in
2 months isn't much of a stretch if you'd get serious
about training your Whole body and Eat big.

See link you should go over.
http://www.trygve.com/mfw_faq.html (see parts I and VII)
http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html (for women & men)
http://groups.google.com/groups?&gro...itness.weights

Get with it and good luck.

There's nothing wrong with training every day.

Old August 3rd 04, 01:01 AM
Jeff Finlayson

Joe Laughlin wrote:
Jeff Finlayson wrote:
Vinh Trinh wrote:

[...]

Sure, I workout most everyday. But that's not what I
wrote. I referred to the 'daily pushups, situps, and
pullups' workout. shakes head back and forth