required headroom for ellipticals

Old October 12th 04, 03:55 AM
Bryan Beasleigh

Default required headroom for ellipticals

How does one compute height requirements for an elliptical trainer? as
an example the vision 6600 has a max pedal height of 21.5" and a low
point of 13". My head should never really be higher than the mid
point of the pedal (17 1/4") plus my height (6') which equals 89.5".
Since my basement height is 93.5"

The Octane median is 12.8" and the lifefitness has about a 10.5" mid
point.

I really liked the smooth stride of the vision but it seems to be
cutting it close..

Has anyone been through this exercise. Are my assumtions correct