Arnold's workout plan

Old August 17th 03, 08:37 AM
DanTheManHolt

Default Arnold's workout plan

I read that big black and silver book Arnold S(can't spell his last name right
now, california candidate for governer)'s Encylopedia of Modern Bodybuilding .
Me and a highschool football player are going to use the beginner level 1
workout plan. I've read reviews saying you'd need steroids to be able to
handle the workouts in the book, it's an intense workout but I'd be willing to
use it if I didn't need steroids for it. I eat a lot of food and don't want
the food to go to waste as fat.. Right now I want to get as strong and lean as
possible and have overall muscle. I don't necessarily want to lose weight, I
just want to build muscle. What would you have to say about the workout plan?
http://hometown.aol.com/danthemanhol...e/profile.html
Old August 17th 03, 10:59 AM
DanTheManHolt

By the way, the link at the bottom is my sig.
http://hometown.aol.com/danthemanhol...e/profile.html
Old August 17th 03, 06:29 PM
Adam Lipschultz

yeah thats some amazing weight loss. but one word of advice, get away from
the ROTC, that crap will burn the hell out of you and certainly don't do it
in college (unless you really need $$)

"k957" wrote in message
om...
(DanTheManHolt) wrote in message

By the way, the link at the bottom is my sig.
http://hometown.aol.com/danthemanhol...e/profile.html

Dan,
It looks like you've made a lot of progress w/what you've been doing
- congratulations on the weight loss. I'm not familiar with the
Arnold S. book / workout plan. All I can think of is "Brawn" by
Stuart McRobert, where the author repeats how the genetically average
shouldn't expect to be able to remain in lockstep w/the genetically
gifted/chemically assisted. So I'm biased against this even w/out
seeing it.
That said you might try posting some aspects of the routine - so
some of the more experienced folks around here could critique it. Or
just try it and see what happens after a few weeks.

l8r

Old August 17th 03, 08:41 PM
DanTheManHolt

I actually don't have the book with me, I left it with the guys at the gym.
I'm going to try level 1 and then in the future work up to level 2. Level one
you have three different workouts. Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3. You'd do them
twice a week with one rest day, Sunday. You do the big exercises like the
bench press, squat, deadlift. It doesn't necessarily have you do the clean and
jerk, instead you do the military press and then a push press, there are a ton
of exercises that the program has you do so I can't remember them all in order
without actually looking at the book. You basicly workout every body part
though, there's like 4 exercises for each body group. There are atleast six
body groups, legs, shoulders, abs, back, chest, arms, there might be more. I
hope that helps to give you can idea. For some bodyparts you do the same
exercise twice but the second time you cheat for power instead of good form.
Like "upright row" and then "heavy upright rows".

http://hometown.aol.com/danthemanhol...e/profile.html
Old August 18th 03, 01:39 AM
Dufus McGoob

[...]

Take a look at the "here's the routine I came up with" thread. It's similar
to Arnold's level one.

Yes, you can do it without steroids, you end up working each body part
directly twice a week.
Lighter weights more sets/reps when compared with power lifting / pure
strength training.

The problem you will run into with Arnold's stuff later on is they take up
too much time.

Dufus

Old August 18th 03, 10:18 AM
DanTheManHolt

His plan sets you up for good form, then once you completed your sets your
cheat for power, that's the way I look at it. I dunno though. But instead of
squats I'm going to practice the overhead squats, that sounds good.

http://hometown.aol.com/danthemanhol...e/profile.html