The Steam Room after Aerobic Session...

Old November 27th 03, 05:10 PM
d w a c o n

Default The Steam Room after Aerobic Session...

Twice, after using the steam room post workout, I got sick. The first time
a 24 hour sinus thing... the second time I was on my a$$ for a week.

I thought steam rooms were supposed to be healthy...

I do an hour of cardio daily... could that make the lungs less resistant?

--

I shave with Occam's Razor
http://www.dwacon.com

Old November 27th 03, 11:04 PM
Isiafs5

Twice, after using the steam room post workout, I got sick. The first time
a 24 hour sinus thing... the second time I was on my a$$ for a week.

Well, a former friend of mine was feeling sick while playing basketball, went
home, took a hot bath, and died of a massive heart attack in the tub. He may
of died anyways, but I think the hot bath caused the massive part.

Get a portable blood pressure machine and check yourself at the end of a good
steam. My guess is that handling all of that heat works the heart. Add a
tough workout prior to this and you may be asking a bit too much.

I might try the steam room as a warmup?

Sling Skate

My recommended reading for body fat control:
http://www.geocities.com/~slopitch/drsquat/fredzig.htm

Old November 29th 03, 05:30 PM
Steve Freides

"d w a c o n" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Twice, after using the steam room post workout, I got sick. The first

time
a 24 hour sinus thing... the second time I was on my a$$ for a week.

I thought steam rooms were supposed to be healthy...

I do an hour of cardio daily... could that make the lungs less resistant?

I see many people hit the steam room, sauna, or hot tub after an aerobic
workout. The one who don't workout too vigorously are OK, but those that
exercise hard have frightening problems like fainting after getting up out
of the hot tub.

The best thing to do after an aerobic workout is relax and replenish your
store of fluids, minerals, and calories - in a normal climate.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com