|If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Meditation 2005 Online Class 1 Classes commence 1 January 2005 ===============
This online meditation course will commence on 1 January 2005. What a great way to start the New Year and to make a New Years' resolution.
Learn the Science of Meditation. Online. Please tell all your friends.
Sing the Song of the Soul!
These online classes are a unique combination of practice, philosophy and music.
Yes, you do get beautiful MP3 files with this course, plus wonderful slide shows and numerous other enlightening material - from articles to graphics.
This is a comprehensively structured course that goes for a year.
Next intake is now open and course commences 1 January 2005. Last semester (September 2004) attracted over 150 students.
All materials are free and for the keeping, which you can use in your own classes as well.
This is a free community service, provided in the spirit of service.
It is best to have a good email account which accepts large files of approximately 1-2 Mb. The larger files can be downloaded though.
Subscribe by sending a message to:
The course covers Meditation and Yoga - Practices and Philosophy
Vision and Purpose:
1. Learning the deeper aspects of the science of meditation & yoga as
they relate to our daily lives, including philosophy and practical application.
2. Learning valuable skills for discovery and cultivation of the
wholistic relationship between body, mind and spirit essential for meditation & yoga.
3. Understanding the experiences, challenges and triumphs in deep
meditation & yoga practice.
4. To develop a healthy body, mind and spirit and become more aware
through your practice of meditation, yoga asanas (postures) and healthy lifestyle practices and outlook.
5. To appreciate the importance of a nurturing environment to assist
in spiritual awareness, mental expansion and service to the world.
E-mail (course co-ordinator):
Yoga philosophy. Based on the 8-limbed system of Yoga
* Yama - external moral / ethical discipline
* Niyama - internal moral / ethical strength
* Asana - yogic postures
* Pranayama - proper breathing
* Pratyahara - withdrawal of senses from the external world to
internalise your consciousness for meditation
* Dharana - concentration, or extended mental focusing,
fundamental to yogic meditation
* Dhyana - process of meditation, the principal practice of
bringing your mind to ideate on Oneness
* Samadhi - experience of unitive consciousness so as to feel
inwardly one with the feeling of Infinite Peace
Also teachings and practice of basic support tools and skills for growth on all levels:
physical, mental and spiritual.
Help address http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...on2005-1/about