Doing my first tri

Old December 28th 04, 05:05 PM
Miss Teree

Default Doing my first tri

i want to do a triathlon in 2005. should i buy a book or a coach?

Miss Teree

Old December 29th 04, 07:33 AM
stevenlehman

I would hook up with your local running club, bike club and jump into a
masters swim program.
If you have the $$ a coach is well worth it. Good luck

Old December 29th 04, 05:20 PM
Sgt Pepper

It depend how good you want to be :-)
I have no coach and no club and last year I began with XTERRA triathlons and
this year with long triathlon...actually not full Ironman, but I succesfully
finish Czech Republic Championship (2/3 of Ironman - 3/130/30km) in 9 hours.
You must feel good, not get overtrained and trainings per week must be
similar as are distances in triathlon - for example 10 km swim, 350 km bike
and 80 km run....
Then just few weeks before race try get short trainings with all three
disciplines - for example 1km swim, 40km bike and 10km run (or shorter, if
you are preparing for olympic triathlon)
÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷
With regards
Sgt Pepper

"Miss Teree" píse v diskusním príspevku

Old December 29th 04, 05:26 PM
Spartakus

"Miss Teree" wrote...

i want to do a triathlon in 2005. should i buy a book or a coach?

Just taking part in a triathlon is an amazing experience - especially the
first one. Let's assess your goals first - do you want to compete or
participate? Are you looking for a podium finish or to just finish?