Looking for Treadmill Recommendations (Australia)

Old December 3rd 03, 09:29 AM
Paul Walker

Default Looking for Treadmill Recommendations (Australia)

"David" wrote in message
u...

"Paul Walker" wrote in message
u...

"David" wrote in message
u...
Not a good idea as service is a big thing with treadmills as they are
mechanical and electrical and things will go wrong - if it is out of
warranty you could pay $100's if something goes wrong. If you buy a

new
one
try make sure that service is 'in home' and there is no call out fee.

Try
for min 2 year warranty

I'll bear that in mind. It would obviously have to be a bargain to make

it
worth my while.

Thanks for the tip about checking if the warranty is in-home.

I have noticed that some warranties are only 12 months. Very short for

that
sort of money.

if you get a real bargain i.e. 1/2 price and not too old, I would make

sure
that it is a well known brand with local service

I doubt I would buy one more than a couple of years old and I certainly
wouldn't pay much more than half price. I'd also intend to stick to known
quality brands. That would sit comfortably with my risk management.

I got a Schwinn Institutional (2 stack) 780si gym out of the Quokka for
$A1750. These cost $A4995 retail. That was a bargain and a really good unit
too. Bargains are certainly out there. Its a matter of timing and supply /
demand.

Paul

Old December 3rd 03, 10:05 AM

"David" wrote in message
[...]

for sure. I know that Schwinn gym - you did pretty well!