Sore and inflamed toes

Old May 9th 05, 02:23 PM
David Geesaman

"oling" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am preparing for my first Marathon this summer and currently run like
60-70 km/week.
My toes next to the big toes (hallux) are actually longer than the big
toes and cause me problems. When running they become sore and inflamed
due to the constant pushing against the shoes. This especially is a
problem on the long runs. The nails usually fall off immediately as
they start to grow. I am using Asics Nimbus, which are supposed to be
very good, and I tried to have them excess in size. However, this is
still a problem and might affect my plans.
Have you any ideas or heard of similar problems before?

You need to see a podiatrist. If your second toe is taking this much
abuse, it's only a matter of time before a swollen toe is the least of your
worries. Orthotics and change in shoe fit are probably coming your way.

Dave

Old May 9th 05, 06:43 PM

I was the redheaded boy who sat behind you, and fondled your breasts
from behind.

Old May 9th 05, 06:44 PM

Dave,
Are you high? The idiot is wearing a shoe that's too small for him,
nothing more, nothing complicated, and no need for orthotics or other
corrective measures except a LARGER SIZE shoe.

Old May 9th 05, 06:45 PM

You must be a podiatrist to suggest such bull****, when the guy only
needs the right size shoe.

Old May 9th 05, 08:17 PM
octogenarian

Try a pair with more toe room.

The running shoe should be a size larger than the normal shoe since the
foot swells by about half a size on running. Some space should be left
between the longest toe and the front end of the shoe upper.

The width of the shoe should allow room to move the toes upwards and
should be room over the bridge of the foot.

Take it from an old feelow who lost a few toe nails.