Curvelinear correlations between total testosterone levels and fluidintelligence in men and women.

Old October 1st 03, 04:50 PM
Lee Michaels

Default Curvelinear correlations between total testosterone levels and fluid intelligence in men and women.

"Bob MacWilliam" wrote in message
om...
snip

I meant what purpose does it serve, but it would also be interesting

know
what the mechanism is as well.

if I read it correctly, high levels of T are good for intelligence

but
exceptionally high levels are bad.

I can understand that having higher levels of t would be good for

males
from
an evolutionary point of view, they would be bigger and stronger so

more
likely to be better hunters and protectors, but why does very high

levels
of
t make you less intelligent?

Cuz you would wanna fight and **** everything that moves.

you should write books on evolutionary psychology

Lyle

Well he'd have to do it in a library or something because according to
evolutionary psychologists (or maybe just the fat ones) he couldn't
concentrate on anything for more than a few seconds with a
refrigerator nearby ;-)

That is what coolers are for.

Old October 1st 03, 07:53 PM
Bruce Carpman

I meant what purpose does it serve, but it would also be interesting to

know
what the mechanism is as well.

if I read it correctly, high levels of T are good for intelligence but
exceptionally high levels are bad.

I can understand that having higher levels of t would be good for males

from
an evolutionary point of view, they would be bigger and stronger so more
likely to be better hunters and protectors, but why does very high levels

of
t make you less intelligent?

My guess is that it works similar to the t-level/success in business
correlation. I would guess men with high t-levels are more likely to go
with their gut instinct instead of sitting there thinking about it until it
was too late. At some point as the t-levels increase, the extra high
agression levels would cause you to make bad decisions.