What does Lance Armstrong Eat

Old July 1st 05, 03:10 PM

Default What does Lance Armstrong Eat

With all the 'hooha' surrounding the Tour De France I managed to get a
snippet of Lance Armstrong on the TV and was wondering what he would
typically eat day to day.

I know the answer is probably carbs however i cannot see the guys
riding +100Kilometers after a plate of pasta. I think it would have to
come down to something that is not heavy but full of energy that makes
him feel strong.

Any ideas?

Old July 1st 05, 10:31 PM

Le 01-07-2005, a écrit*:
With all the 'hooha' surrounding the Tour De France I managed to get a
snippet of Lance Armstrong on the TV and was wondering what he would
typically eat day to day.

See for instance :
http://www.lancearmstrong.com/lance/...ltdf03/ccrest1

I know the answer is probably carbs however i cannot see the guys
riding +100Kilometers after a plate of pasta.

Obviously they eat all along the stage, but they also eat pasta or similar
food a few hours before starting (and much more of it than your typical
plate).

I think it would have to
come down to something that is not heavy but full of energy that makes
him feel strong.

As far as "not heavy but full of energy" food go, pasta is quite fine,
really.
Old July 6th 05, 06:11 AM

wrote in message
Le 01-07-2005, a écrit
:
With all the 'hooha' surrounding the Tour De France I managed to get a
snippet of Lance Armstrong on the TV and was wondering what he would
typically eat day to day.

See for instance :
http://www.lancearmstrong.com/lance/...ltdf03/ccrest1

I know the answer is probably carbs however i cannot see the guys
riding +100Kilometers after a plate of pasta.

Obviously they eat all along the stage, but they also eat pasta or similar
food a few hours before starting (and much more of it than your typical
plate).

I think it would have to
come down to something that is not heavy but full of energy that makes
him feel strong.

As far as "not heavy but full of energy" food go, pasta is quite fine,
really.

What Lance eats:
http://www.mobile.telegraph.co.uk/he...9/ixhmain.html

Funny, I was just reading something about Lance in a biking magazine the
other day. It didn't say what he eats to prepare, specifically, but the
article was talking about how important sodium intake is for those (like
Lance) who might be engaging in exercise in which they sweat profusely and
lose a lot of water. It said that the average daily intake of sodium should
be around 1500-2000mg(??) per day and someone like Lance should be taking in
4-5x's that. It helps your body hold the water so you don't dehydrate as
quickly and that if sodium levels are low, you're likely to be more sluggish
and have less energy due to dehydration.... Never considered sodium, but it
makes a lot of sense.