Reducing Heart Rate

Old July 5th 05, 05:15 PM
drewdelu

Default Reducing Heart Rate

Hello

I have quite a fast heart rate - I am 38 and it is usually between
80/90.

I have recently started doing hour long, high impact aerobics 4 x per
week.

I am wondering how long it will be before my heart rate will start
benefiting?

I need to pass quite an intense weight/aerobic test and keep my heart
below 163. Any tips on how to "cheat" it lower during the test

Cheers

Old July 5th 05, 07:18 PM
Steve Freides

"drewdelu" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello

I have quite a fast heart rate - I am 38 and it is usually between
80/90.

I have recently started doing hour long, high impact aerobics 4 x per
week.

I am wondering how long it will be before my heart rate will start
benefiting?

I need to pass quite an intense weight/aerobic test and keep my heart
below 163. Any tips on how to "cheat" it lower during the test

Maximum heart rates are highly individual. Having to keep yours below
163 is ridiculous and you should tell that to whoever is administering
this test.

See a doctor to determine your maximum heart rate or - less good - get a
heart rate monitor and do it yourself as best you can, and use the HRM
to see where you are while exercising. Your resting pulse isn't at
issue here and you shouldn't worry about that except if it goes up which
would indicate overtraining, and you should always take your resting
pulse when you are completely relaxed - first thing in the morning is
the standard.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com