advice about treadmills needed

Old July 12th 05, 04:01 AM
Deb :)

Default advice about treadmills needed

Hi! I have been shopping for a treadmill but am on a very limited
budget. The absolute most that I can spend is $800 (so please don't
suggest that I spend more--I can't). I will only be using the treadmill
for walking, most likely for a total of about 4-5 hours a week. I have
found 3 in my price range that I like, and would greatly appreciate any
feedback regarding my choices. Here they a

1. Horizon Fitness Elite 1.1T -- $750

web page: http://www.horizonfitness.com/elite-
series/treadmills/11t.php

warranty: 25 years motor, 2 years parts, 1 year labor

2. Nordic Track C 2050 -- $599

web page: http://www.nordictrack.com/cgi-
bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=153&prrfnbr=1127716&cgrfnbr =46526
&rootcat=46525

warranty: life-time motor, 1 year parts, 1 year labor

3. Nordic Track C 2100 $799

web page: http://www.nordictrack.com/cgi-
bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=153&prrfnbr=1300565&cgrfnbr =46526
&rootcat=46525

warranty: life-time motor, 1 year parts, 1 year labor

Also, if there are any that you know of in my price range that you think
I should also try, please let me know. I have tried a bunch of ProForm
treadmills, but didn't like any of them (I particularly didn't like the
90-day warranty).

Thanks!
Deb
Old July 12th 05, 05:48 AM
Spammers_Should_Be_Shot

"Deb " wrote in message
[...]

Aren't the ProForms and Nordic Track the same? At least made by the same
company? That's what I heard somewhere but am too lazy/uninterested to
research further.

Old July 12th 05, 04:33 PM
bj

I got a treadmill a few years ago from Fitness Resource. It was marked down
some because it was a store demo. But it still came with full warranty. (&
they have a service dept. so I had someone to call w/ any problems -- I did
have one belt repair done under warranty.) You may be able to find a similar
deal wherever it is you are. Also check used-exercise-equipment stores.
(the model I got was more than your budget, but there were others available)
bj