Replacing treadmill belt

Old July 22nd 04, 01:37 AM
K. C.

Default Replacing treadmill belt

Hi,

I have a Weslo Cadence 850 treadmill and the walking/running belt is
about to break. I was wondering if I could replace the belt myself
(if so, where to buy the replacement belt?) or do I have to get
someone from the treadmill repair service to replace it?

Thanks in advance!

KC
Old July 23rd 04, 04:22 PM
Steve Freides

"K. C." wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I have a Weslo Cadence 850 treadmill and the walking/running belt is
about to break. I was wondering if I could replace the belt myself
(if so, where to buy the replacement belt?) or do I have to get
someone from the treadmill repair service to replace it?

Your best bet is to ask the company. Installing a new belt yourself
might void any warranty. Regardless of that the call is still
worthwhile because they can tell you what's involved and you can decide
if you want to do it yourself or not.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Old July 26th 04, 02:15 PM
K. C.

Thanks, Steve. The problem is the company that we bought the
treadmill from had gone out of business a few years ago. Our
treadmill is about 7 years old. It works great except for the cut on
the belt.

Old July 30th 04, 02:21 AM
Steve Freides

Your best bet, in my opinion, would be to find a repair person -
probably by asking at a health club - who services multiple brands and
ask for their opinion.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

om...

Old September 23rd 13, 06:05 PM
Shyrshala Shyrshala is offline
Junior Member

Thank you for the*informative*posts.

Treadmill headrush? Help Me Aerobic 6 February 2nd 19 11:08 AM
Landice Treadmill Question Thea Barbato Aerobic 0 May 21st 04 09:35 PM
Exercycle vs. treadmill? Beowulf Aerobic 1 January 5th 04 11:40 PM
Treadmill belt lubricant Alpha One Aerobic 1 December 22nd 03 12:14 AM
Lubricating a treadmill belt Josho Aerobic 2 November 14th 03 01:07 AM