Field and Trek 20% discount code

Old September 23rd 06, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.camping
Jim Ford

Default Field and Trek 20% discount code

Field and Trek are currently offering a 20% discount and free postage on
online purchases over 45, until 1st Oct. The code is XP42.

Jim Ford
Old September 23rd 06, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.camping
Peter Clinch

Jim Ford wrote:
Field and Trek are currently offering a 20% discount and free postage on
online purchases over 45, until 1st Oct. The code is XP42.

I got that too, along with their new catalogue, which continues
F&T's amazing ability to prune it of anything they might sell that
I actually /want/ from it! :-( (still, think of the money it saves...)

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old September 25th 06, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.camping
Nick Wagg

"Jim Ford" wrote in message
Field and Trek are currently offering a 20% discount and free postage on
online purchases over 45, until 1st Oct. The code is XP42.

That should bring their prices just about in line with the
competition.

Old September 25th 06, 11:17 AM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.camping
Nick Pedley

"Peter Clinch" wrote in message
Jim Ford wrote:
Field and Trek are currently offering a 20% discount and free postage on
online purchases over 45, until 1st Oct. The code is XP42.

I got that too, along with their new catalogue, which continues F&T's
amazing ability to prune it of anything they might sell that I actually
/want/ from it! :-( (still, think of the money it saves...)

Are you talking about the little brochure they sent out this week? I flicked
through it and promptly recycled it, there being so little of interest in
there. It's not their main catalogue BTW.

On a linked note, they've spelt my name wrong yet again despite me telling
them 5 times in different ways to get it right...

Nick

Old September 25th 06, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.camping
Peter Clinch

Nick Pedley wrote:

Are you talking about the little brochure they sent out this week? I flicked
through it and promptly recycled it, there being so little of interest in
there. It's not their main catalogue BTW.

I'm more on about their ability to remove things of interest to me from
their overall catalogue. They used to be a really good source for
cycling, caving and paddling gear and did a halfway respectable
selection of nordic ski kit. Not any more though.

On a linked note, they've spelt my name wrong yet again despite me telling
them 5 times in different ways to get it right...

F&T were one of several organisations that insisted on sending Roos and
myself duplicate catalogues at the same address despite several requests
to send one to both of us. Don't know if we got to 5 or not, but they
eventually did get the message. Same game (multiple attempts, got there
in the end) with Cotswold, Edinburgh Bike and Rohan.

Pete.
Old September 25th 06, 07:45 PM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.camping
Jim Ford

Nick Wagg wrote:
"Jim Ford" wrote in message
Field and Trek are currently offering a 20% discount and free postage on
online purchases over 45, until 1st Oct. The code is XP42.

That should bring their prices just about in line with the
competition.

They were the cheapest for the Rab Survival Zone bivi bag _before_ the
reduction and free post.

Jim Ford
Old September 25th 06, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.camping
Dominic Sexton

In article , Jim Ford
writes
Nick Wagg wrote:
"Jim Ford" wrote in message
Field and Trek are currently offering a 20% discount and free
postage on online purchases over 45, until 1st Oct. The code is XP42.

That should bring their prices just about in line with the
competition.

They were the cheapest for the Rab Survival Zone bivi bag _before_ the
reduction and free post.

They may have been cheaper than some but

http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/
http://www.upandunder.co.uk/

both have it for ~45 + postage (3 on both sites) compared to F&T's
~50

--

Dominic Sexton
Old September 25th 06, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.camping
Jim Ford

Dominic Sexton wrote:

http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/
http://www.upandunder.co.uk/

both have it for ~45 + postage (3 on both sites) compared to F&T's ~50

With the 20% off it came to 39.99 and because I needed a couple of
Lexan bottles
the order came to 45 so the postage was free!

Your move Dominic! ;^)

Jim Ford

Old September 26th 06, 09:24 AM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.camping
Dominic Sexton

In article , Jim Ford
writes
Dominic Sexton wrote:

http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/
http://www.upandunder.co.uk/
both have it for ~45 + postage (3 on both sites) compared to F&T's
~50

With the 20% off it came to 39.99 and because I needed a couple of
Lexan bottles
the order came to 45 so the postage was free!

Your move Dominic! ;^)

You had said that F&T were cheaper before the discount and free postage
of this offer. Anyway enjoy your new purchase - I must dig mine out for
a night or two on the moors soon...

--

Dominic Sexton
Old September 26th 06, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Judith

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:24:54 +0100, Dominic Sexton
wrote:

You had said that F&T were cheaper before the discount and free postage
of this offer. Anyway enjoy your new purchase {Rab Survival Zone bivi] - I must dig mine out for
a night or two on the moors soon...

Aye, me too.

I've only used it once and I think we're just getting to the right
time of year for sleeping outside. Now, where shall I go?

Judith