Plantar Fasciitis

Old May 16th 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.running
Roy

Default Plantar Fasciitis

After 13+ years of running, I have been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. I
have considerable pain in my right heel when I step out of bed but goes away
after a few hours. The podiatrist said that it was probably triggered by me
running a 10K which had a lot of hills in its route. My question is, is
this condition curable? Am I going to have this condition again in the
future or what? The podiatrist suggested to stop running, stretching, RICE,
and rest. She also prescribed me NALFON 200. Any previous experience with
this drug? I am also wearing the Strassburg Sock which provides some relief
after I sleep all night. The main reason I run is for weight control, I
alternate road biking when I don't run. I usually run about 3-7 miles 3 or
4 times a week. Anybody in this newsgroup that has had this condition
before? And if so what helped you eliminate it? How long did you stop
running? How long did it take for the pain to go away completely? Did you
lose any or all of your endurance during your down time? Any help/advice
would help me cope with this nagging condition which is depressing me as I
type. Thanks.

Old May 16th 07, 05:28 PM posted to rec.running
samson

In article , rdf23_75
@yahoo.com says...
[...]

I posted this a few days ago. It seems to help, but I think what
helps more is massaging the bottom of my foot on the edge of a
carpeted stair. The condition is curable for most people, but it
can take awhile in some cases.

S.

http://www.latimes.com/features/health/la-he-
plantar13nov13,1,5726009.story?ctrack=3&cset=true
Old May 16th 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.running
bluezfolk

On May 16, 10:59 am, "Roy" wrote:
[...]

I had a bout of that, the podiatrist suggested stretches (sort of the
standing pushup type that stretches the calfs) and ibuprofen. He also
recommended a Spenco Triathalon insole. It seems to have been cured
since it hasn't bothered me in years. I know a runner who's had
trouble with it for a real long time and has tried all sorts of things
and it just won't go away. I guess each case is differant.

Eric

Old May 17th 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.running
Eigenvector

"Roy" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah its definitely curable, but only if you treat it and let it heal.

I tore both plantar tendons and mistreated them for a year or so - it cost
me 2 years of mountaineering.

Ibuprofin, ice it, stretch before walking on it, and give it some time.
Don't run unless its your career or something - ride a bike instead.

My doc recommended using a bag of frozen peas as an ice pack - they stay
cold but not long enough to give you frostbite, they conform to the contours
of your foot, and they are cheaper than dirt. Wear SuperFeet in your normal
shoes and it will heal up that much faster. I pronate on my right foot
badly, and the superfeet helped me correct it to some degree and ended the
aggrevation the pronation caused the tendon tear.

plantar fasciitis - are interferential machines effective treatment [email protected] Running 5 November 19th 13 10:58 PM
Plantar Fasciitis samson Running 1 May 7th 07 03:42 PM
PLANTAR FASCIITIS, PARISH AND BELL CLINIC, CARSHALTON [email protected] Running 0 July 3rd 06 07:34 PM
Plantar Fasciitis Survivors: How did you cope? xenman Running 18 July 5th 04 09:31 PM
Article on Plantar Fasciitis & Running.. KoDe GuRu Running 4 January 24th 04 04:32 PM